Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Jan 5, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #1,862 of 3,208

Quote:
What's te diff between the i1015 and the normal 1015?
I'm thinking of a pelican case for my hm-601 but not sure which case is the best for it.

External jack, internal mini, rubber mold and seal.  You have to trim the center rubber extension for the iPod to fit the 60x. 

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #1,865 of 3,208

Quote:
My new (second hand 20€) IPod Classic 80gb with Rockbox alpha on it :D

That's the brand-new RB port, right? How's it run? That's a pretty awesome deal you got.
L3000.gif

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #1,866 of 3,208

Quote:
Wow, that's a DAMN nice deal, for 20 EUR.

Quote:

Quote:
My new (second hand 20€) IPod Classic 80gb with Rockbox alpha on it :D

That's the brand-new RB port, right? How's it run? That's a pretty awesome deal you got.
L3000.gif

RB is still alpha, but looks pretty nice. It can play music, but it is still choppy and you cannot turn down the volume -> volume is on maximum...

The IPod deal was luck. Some guy sold me the Classic, because he though that the HD was broken. I thought too -> it had a big red X on it. However I wanted to be sure what part I really have to replace, because it could be HD-cable too. So I googled around and found some crazy repair method. To repair -> reset the IPod and hit it on the back with the palm of your hand pretty hard. I hit the Classic for about 20 min and suddenly tschrktschrk it started working. :)

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #1,869 of 3,208

Quote:
The IPod deal was luck. Some guy sold me the Classic, because he though that the HD was broken. I thought too -> it had a big red X on it. However I wanted to be sure what part I really have to replace, because it could be HD-cable too. So I googled around and found some crazy repair method. To repair -> reset the IPod and hit it on the back with the palm of your hand pretty hard. I hit the Classic for about 20 min and suddenly tschrktschrk it started working. :)

I lol'd, that's awesome!

Quote:
Quote:
OMG! rockbox on the classic? Never really expect that coming
How did you get that? any link?

Sorry I completely forgot: http://www.freemyipod.org/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks for that 
smile.gif

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #1,870 of 3,208

Quote:
reset the IPod and hit it on the back with the palm of your hand pretty hard. I hit the Classic for about 20 min and suddenly tschrktschrk it started working. :)

Hmm... I've tried that before but it didn't work... hit it as your reseting it? I was probably doing it wrong... I'll try it again. Even if it doesn't work, it's still amusing :) WHACK!

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #1,871 of 3,208

Quote:
Hmm... I've tried that before but it didn't work... hit it as your reseting it? I was probably doing it wrong... I'll try it again. Even if it doesn't work, it's still amusing :) WHACK!

ya know ya'll there are some pretty thorough youtube videos out there that show you how to take apart and fix nearly anything on any ipod, as well as many reputable and very cheap places that will do it for you with excellent websites.  Not to mention how many hundreds of people on this forum there must be that would probably do more than a "bang up" job for you...yeah.. ya see wht i just did there...

just sayin..
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 5, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #1,873 of 3,208
So if one has a sickly ipod then one needs only spank it's bottom hard
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back