Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Nov 16, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #1,355 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
BTW, please don't quote images.  It's annoying.

+1 exponentially ....

Its right up there with the idiot who saw fit to quote the entire first post from Skylab's epic 'Portable Amp Reviews' thread....../snip

indeed!! 'tis tres annoying, I saw that guy too, a similar thing happened in HA's D10 review and opamp rolling thread the post contained the whole review, pics and opamp recommendations., we really need some more unfriendly emoticons for that sort of behavior

Nov 16, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #1,363 of 3,208
yeah! Same thoughts here. :)

Nov 16, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #1,364 of 3,208
anyway guys, what do you recommend for my home headphones? It would be powered by an audinst hud-mx1, which i would be buying soon. Source is my laptop.

I would like the headphone to have a good tight, fast and impactful bass.

The mids, liquid.

And the highs, good clarity, extension, and detail. NO SIBILANCE!!

The soundstage must be adequate, not too big cause i prefer my vocals upfront, but separation must be very good.

Any recommendations? Budget around SGD$250. Looking into the fa-003. Seems very interesting. And oh, my reference mids, bass and speed is the sm3. Highs should be something like the dba. :)

Nov 16, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #1,365 of 3,208

Quote:
About your sig..  You find the Fuze sounds better than the Clip+?  How does the Archos in the picture compare?

Quote:
Quote:
I can't imagine getting much more portable than this. shuffle -> Westone 2

Just as portable:

I should change my sig... lol. they do (the Sansas) sound the same now that the settings are the same on both!
The Archos seems to be a crisper sound probably due to having a little less bass, also the volume seems to not go as high so maybe that contributes something! I actually prefer the Archos sound when listening to certain music such as classical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back