Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Oct 28, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #1,172 of 3,208
some day I'm gonna post a sweet photo of my JH3A/16, ipod touch, and the custom LOD I had made for it that looks so lonely on the corner of my desk.... some day...
frown.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #1,178 of 3,208
They're not only ugly (still, not as ugly as the insultingly tacky Monster IEMs), but also among the least ergonomic ones out there - on par with the ultra-uncomfortable Triple.Fi/Super.Fi. But the Radius can sound pretty good with the right kind of tips, which the UE don't. With the right tips (loose fit, little seal) they're actually among the best sounding dynamic driver IEM's I've heard, being equal to the FX700, HJE900, and IE8 in many aspects.

Oct 28, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #1,179 of 3,208
Least ergonomic for almost everyone. For me too. Also that cloth cable, it was very irritating when winding. I found them very full sounding but like in a narrow place. Does that feeling reduce with amp?

Oct 28, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #1,180 of 3,208
Wearing them up around one's ears, Mickey Mouse style, and using loose fitting tips that are usually a size too small for one's ears, gives them great air and space. At least for me they open up that way quite a lot, mostly by taming the bass. Got the tip from James444, who is the owner of them - they're just loaners for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back