Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Oct 3, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #946 of 3,208
Quote:
My latest purchase. Love it!

That's a J3 right? Snazzy picture
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2010 at 8:18 AM Post #948 of 3,208
Hits far beyond it's price point, for the budget conscious:
This setup's kinda humble, but I'm surprised at the lack of DIYed components here. Fischer Audio DBAs, Opamp2227-based CMoy made by Fred_fred2004, LOD made by yours truly, and the trusty iPod touch that everyone seems to hate :)
And in about two weeks' time, I'm going to see about turning my SR60s into a poor-man's RS1 with silver cables.. heh heh :) Then I might just wear it around if it sounded good enough.

Oct 3, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #955 of 3,208
Quote:
i am finally able to post in this thread with some small amount of dignity!

​
sansa clip 8gb with rockbox // home made cmoy amp // stock grado sr80s

it's modest, but i must say, pretty rockin'.

Quote:
I really like the way your cmoy's case looks in that photo. Where did you get it and could you post a photo of it's insides? 

thanks, sorry for the slow reply. my bro actually made the amp for me from parts that he has painstakingly ransacked from old abandoned audio gear. he tells me that many of the parts he used are quite old and of a quality that is hard to find these days.

​
 ​

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #957 of 3,208
WOW four caps in the signal path? That's a lot. Cool looking CMoy! Though the wires inside could be tidied up a bit, I guess.
@angstronomer: Haha it's a really long story. I wanted the grey ety tips for their soundsig but I couldn't find em anywhere in my neck of the woods. Shipping costing more than tips disinclined me from buying them online. Then I realized my friend had them but when he gave em to me he told me he lost one side. Yeap. :) Better than nothing, though. And it makes for easy left-right differentiation :)

@gebbss: You bet! On the iPod the LOD is a must. The sound is absolutely horrendous otherwise. The LOD negates the gripes everyone has with the SQ of the iPod, I would think. And the amp has noticeable differences, aside from the benefit that using it allows you to use the line-out function on the iPod.

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #959 of 3,208

Quote:
Just received my Nano 6G to replace my iPhone as a source. Now a truely portable setup!

Source: iPod Nano 6G 16GB
Amp: Headamp Pico Slim
LOD: Twisted Cables custom
IEMs: Westone UM3X

Wow, its not easy uploading photos on here now. There must an easier way...

cool mate, worked out well, the rigs looking great! hows the menu navigation on such a small touchscreen?, loving those oyaide rhodium minis, they work really well for ultracompact (with modification) and yeah the slim looks like a monster HA! for a picture maybe the fiio E5 would look cool, but the rest of the rig is well beyond it IMO.

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #960 of 3,208

Quote:
WOW four caps in the signal path? That's a lot. 

well if that were the case I would guess 2 in and 2 out, but being there is a rail splitter in there I would say these are just power supply caps the schematic shows no signal caps at all, but it does appear to be simplified, so would probably just have a pair of them to get rid of the offset from the split supply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back