Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Sep 20, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #785 of 3,208

Quote:

That's just wrong.

That's just hilarious! How does it sound, the the Ed 8s being 32 Ohm and all? I hear the shuffle has better bass than the other apple offerings but it also has a weaker amp.

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #790 of 3,208

Quote:
My setup, being violated by skullcandy scum. Good thing my grado scared him off with his much bigger plug. Grado is too manly.

Also hidden, is my retired sansa e200. Enjoyed it up until I got my cowon d2+ (3 years). It's still alive, and can work if I want it to (it has rockbox).

Quote:

That's just wrong.

Nope this is

!

Sep 20, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #791 of 3,208
@HulkSmashNow: I'm disappointed that your gear does not even show the slightest hint of green :p

Sep 20, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #792 of 3,208

Quote:
@HulkSmashNow: I'm disappointed that your gear does not even show the slightest hint of green :p

My apologies, rawrster, but at the very least, the Clipurple+ is the same color as my namesake's trademark torn pants!
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #793 of 3,208

Quote:
My other 2 setups...

the newest and currently getting the most use...Sansa Fuze+ (8gb + 16gb SD card)-->Klipsch S4

and the most portable...Sansa Clip 8GB -->JVC Aircushions

Wow, the Fuze+ looks pretty sleek. I have been considering a setup just like that. I have a of S4's that I have had for almost a year, so they are burned in. I may buy a Fuze+. hmmmmm  
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #794 of 3,208
Quote:
Ooh, I like that new shuffle.
Thought you used to go for silver?

lol!!

I normally do but they didn't have any silver in stock so decided to break with tradition and add a bit of colour
cool.gif

Quote:
That's just hilarious! How does it sound, the the Ed 8s being 32 Ohm and all? I hear the shuffle has better bass than the other apple offerings but it also has a weaker amp.

Its actually sounds very nice, the bass is good and punchy and with the right tracks the soundstage can be very immersive. Sure is not the best sounding rig i've ever heard or owned but its definitely very portable and i could happily listen to it for a couple of hours here and there.

I mentioned it on another thread that this latest gen of the shuffle has ZERO hiss with my livewires, which no other setup I've ever owned has been able to accomplish.

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #795 of 3,208

Quote:
Have you tried to use them with different sources and amps. I'm fairly sure the veil would go away.

I haven't...and to be honest, I probably won't even try using them amped at all. These were bought strictly for on the go listening. If I need a "transportable" set up, I'll just bring my UDac 2 and HFI 780s. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back