Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Sep 17, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #753 of 3,208

Headamp Pico DAC -> Headamp Pico Slim -> Ortofon e-Q7

Portable Computer Rig: DONE

L3000.gif

Sep 17, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #754 of 3,208
I think you need a shorter mini to mini cable
smily_headphones1.gif

Here's what I've been using the last couple days.

Sep 17, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #756 of 3,208
Very nice, ZephyrSapphire, do you just use that with your laptop or are you going to integrate a portable DAP into that setup?

Sep 17, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #758 of 3,208

Quote:
Very nice, ZephyrSapphire, do you just use that with your laptop or are you going to integrate a portable DAP into that setup?

For now, just my laptop. I'll probably get an iPad one very fine day when I think it's worth buying. Heck, it took the iPhone 4 generations for me to even consider it worth buying!

Quote:
I think you need a shorter mini to mini cable
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />
Here's what I've been using the last couple days.

Indeed. But oh well. The cable is flexible enough. Nice rig!

Quote:
Do you mind if I ask what kind of pouch you're using?

It's the pouch which comes with the Pico DAC.

Sep 18, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #761 of 3,208

Quote:
For now, just my laptop. I'll probably get an iPad one very fine day when I think it's worth buying. Heck, it took the iPhone 4 generations for me to even consider it worth buying!

Indeed. But oh well. The cable is flexible enough. Nice rig!

It's the pouch which comes with the Pico DAC.

Thanks.  Going to have to look into getting one of those. 

Sep 18, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #762 of 3,208
Latest setup. Rockboxed iPod Video 5th Gen 60GB+SR-71a+ALO 18G Copper LOD+HD650 (Pictured), DT880/250 or Turbine Pro Golds. I'm not sure if it sounds better than my iPhone 4 with the same configuration. Although, freeing my iPhone of that ginormous amp and 17gb's of music makes it all worth it. Hopefully, getting it iModded in the near future will remedy the whole not sure which one sounds better problem.

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #763 of 3,208
This is what I am using at the moment
etysmile.gif

Sep 18, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #764 of 3,208

Quote:
That's an interesting cable there. Which UE custom is it? I thought UE and Westone custom cables were pretty much the same but that one looks very different.

I think it's just the standard custom cable, maybe they revised it with the UE18, I don't know. It's very nice. Light, flexy, and not bulky at all. The y-spit is just what looks like some rubber sealing tape, which is fine by me. The memory wire is longer than on the Westone cable too, as far as I know.

Quote:

Are you able to tell a difference between the HPO at full volume and the LOD to the amp?

I haven't tested that yet, thanks for the suggestion.

Sep 18, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #765 of 3,208
I just checked their website and you're right. It does look like they have changed to just that cable since the UE18. I do like the ES cable  but my only issue is the memory wire. I just don't like memory wire in general since it usually is not very glasses friendly but I would imagine shorter memory like the ES is more preferable. I have more than enough cables anyway as I have 2 ES cables and Fisher sent me 2 of their cables for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back