Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Sep 13, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #692 of 3,208

Quote:
If the fuze (v1/v2) is a copy of the nano (5th gen) consider the bar not raised but obliterated because the fuze is 10x the player the nano is when you take is features out of the box and rockbox into account.

I don't agree with this. I found the 5G a nice player and the fuze was definitely not 10x the player of the nano 5G. The nano had a pretty clean headphone out and the UI is miles ahead of the fuze stock. Even when rockboxed it wasn't 10x or close to it.

Sep 13, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #693 of 3,208

Quote:
I don't agree with this. I found the 5G a nice player and the fuze was definitely not 10x the player of the nano 5G. The nano had a pretty clean headphone out and the UI is miles ahead of the fuze stock. Even when rockboxed it wasn't 10x or close to it.

I guess there is no accounting for taste. The fact that rockbox is available on the fuze makes the player much better as the stock firmware is ok, but rockbox is the best firmware available on any dap. The hp out on the 5G nano and fuze are comparable in my experience so i have no idea why you would use such a weak point.

Regardless to each his own, i prefer to use rockbox and have the most feature rich firmware on the market.

Sep 13, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #695 of 3,208

Quote:
Clip+ video playback is on the same level as the 6G Nano video playback.

hahahaha!
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 13, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #700 of 3,208
Don't get me wrong guys. I don't own an iPod. I had one of those 4G nano before but I gave it to someone. Then I bought the Fuze, then the Clip+. Different people look at things differently. I respect dfkt for asking the question why the new nano would be better, the other comments here is just all about apple love/hate. The new nano also has tactile controls, with the volume, which is mostly what people want (remember the 1st gen touch). Navigation on the nano is also fairly easy, and the better screen will surely make it a lot easier than the monochrome, and small font of the rockboxed clip+. I don't really want to watch video on it also, because nobody should watch video that small. That is why I compared the new nano to the clip+ and not the fuze. The capacity is decent, 16gb is plenty of music on the go, and the battery life maybe better. SQ probably is more or less the same. I did not consider features such as EQ, file transfer, file support, because both of them have that. It's a matter of preference still, but the new nano certainly is a better designed, more featured clip+.

Sep 13, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #701 of 3,208

Quote:
but the new nano certainly is a better designed, more featured clip+.

Not worth the 3x price jump from the clip+, which is pretty much the same stuff, if you disregard the next to useless features of the nano. Might as well buy the itouch. 'Nuff said.

Sep 13, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #702 of 3,208

Quote:
the other comments here is just all about apple love/hate.

Interesting to see you invalidate yourself completely by assuming my comments are about apple hate, your ignorance knows no bounds. I am opposed to the new nano for many reasons (most of which dfkt has pointed out) and i own 4 ipods and an iphone most of which i still use and enjoy Mr assumption monkey.

Sep 13, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #703 of 3,208

Quote:
How is the video playback on the Clip+ ?

Quote:
Clip+ video playback is on the same level as the 6G Nano video playback.

Quote:
hahahaha!
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Heh, CHECKMATE!!!

Besides, give me a new Nano @16gb for the same price as a clip+ or a Sony E Serries and I'd buy it. At this price point it's nothing but a waste - tho it really looks sexy paired w/that amp a few pages back. To me, it's a fashion piece, but it's so small who would see it (maybe as a tie clip perhaps, or that new watch band adapter?)?

PS: I also own a few iPods and am getting matching iPhone 4's for me & the Mrs - so no haters here. That's only an excuse, I don't hate,....................

Sep 13, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #704 of 3,208

Quote:
Not worth the 3x price jump from the clip+, which is pretty much the same stuff, if you disregard the next to useless features of the nano. Might as well buy the itouch. 'Nuff said.

airwax simply doesn't understand how to do a proper comparison of the products, he likes to justify weaknesses "16gb is enough" and doesn't know how to compare features or use a pros/cons list when comparing thus invalidating his opinions as simply arguing for the sake of it.

Sep 13, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #705 of 3,208
lol. Love this forum. When you say something about a beloved item, everybody gets hyped up. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. It was just an opinion and nothing more. I have no comments about the prices, they are what they are. Thanks anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back