Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Sep 7, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #571 of 3,208

Quote:
How is the SQ on it? Do you have anything to compare? I'm waiting on some Shure SE 535s to come to use with the phone. I used my K702 setup with it for a few and liked it but I didn't do any extensive listening. 

FLAC support is definitely going to be used on this phone though :)
Sadly that means my phone will die a lot faster than it does now haha

I've have an ipod touch, 5th gen ipod and a HD2 that I've used for my portable rigs.  I think the Vibrant is by far the best sounding out of the bunch.  The ipod touch is a close second but I think the Vibrant has a fuller sound.  The only thing that I don't like is they have the fake 5.1 surround sound you can enable on your music and it sounds horrible.  Just stick with the standard EQ.

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #572 of 3,208
Just to get this thread back on track: My retro rig.

This is my rig from the year 2000. Samsung Yepp YP-E64 and Koss Porta Pro.

Sep 7, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #573 of 3,208
I'll be posting some updated pics TOMORROW!! SR-71a comes in tomorrow. Excited :)

Sep 7, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #578 of 3,208

Quote:

I've have an ipod touch, 5th gen ipod and a HD2 that I've used for my portable rigs.  I think the Vibrant is by far the best sounding out of the bunch.  The ipod touch is a close second but I think the Vibrant has a fuller sound.  The only thing that I don't like is they have the fake 5.1 surround sound you can enable on your music and it sounds horrible.  Just stick with the standard EQ.

Very good to hear :)
I'm excited. The IEMs should be here by friday and that gives me the whole weekend to break them in :)

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #580 of 3,208
I haven't browsed every single page of this thread yet. But, I don't recall swing an iQube in here yet...Anybody got one?

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #581 of 3,208
Here is my current favorite, the Sflo 2 (16gb+16GB). It's hard to believe that this player sounds better than a rock-boxed ipod 5.5 + ALO LOD + ALO Rx. and all for <$200.
The reshelled SE 530's are courtesy of InEarz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back