Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Nov 20, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #1,426 of 3,208
Nov 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #1,428 of 3,208

I just made a major upgrade to my flagship portable rig. I sandwiched my new (to me) "portable iMod V-cap dock with 2 V-Caps OIMP series 4,7 uF bypassed with 2 V-Caps TFTF series 0,22 uF", which came with a Hippocase. This is probably as good as portable will get for me, I don't listen enough to start over with a digital-based rig unless I go the high-end custom route and I don't see that happening. All that's left here is to compare the e-Q7 with the MD Tributes I have coming and later I will try to add an Edition 8 to the mix to have a closed can that can keep up. But this combo sounds great.

The V-cap dock is much thicker than the amp and iMod combined lol

The Arrow fits with its "sound shaping" side accessible as well as its charging port

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #1,429 of 3,208
That's way more work than I'll ever put into a portable source but it seems like it sounds good so it works for you. Unless its a pretty slim dap to go with a small and slim amp I think that's about as thick and heavy a portable rig I'll want.

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #1,431 of 3,208

Quote:
That's way more work than I'll ever put into a portable source but it seems like it sounds good so it works for you. Unless its a pretty slim dap to go with a small and slim amp I think that's about as thick and heavy a portable rig I'll want.

Yes I've decided this will be my only amped portable rig besides some older stuff that I don't really use and my iPad with uDac which doesn't really count.

For actual portable/travel use it's this or my Nokia 5800 Music Phone, un-amped. Still auditioning to find the right highly-efficient universal IEMs for it though.

edit: any suggestions?

Nov 22, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #1,435 of 3,208

Quote:
 itouch up?

lol

Ipad, Iphone and Ipod touch!!!
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #1,438 of 3,208
I take it the otterbox or pelican case didn't do it for you? I would be a bit hesitant in keeping my customs, dap and amp in a case like that but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back