Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jul 2, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #5,896 of 5,950

Quote:
just want to ask sir. will those DAPs be better than the HM-801 just because they use an LOD? 
confused_face_2.gif

definitely, we don't have many people buying a brick of a DAP similar to the 801 or whatever you call it, I like hifiman but their brick DAPs are ridiculous, all you need is a decent DAP with a line out, that is where you could use the true potential of your amp.

I feel that is very simple to understand,it would always be a nice idea to check with us before making purchases.

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #5,897 of 5,950

Quote:
definitely, we don't have many people buying a brick of a DAP similar to the 801 or whatever you call it, I like hifiman but their brick DAPs are ridiculous, all you need is a decent DAP with a line out, that is where you could use the true potential of your amp.

I feel that is very simple to understand,it would always be a nice idea to check with us before making purchases.

Do many "consumer" DAPs play 94/24 FLAC?
With the same depth and the muscular bass of the HiFiMAN?
I'm not trying to defend my purchases, I just want to tell you that the HiFiMAN + RSA the Protector sound much better than my former iPod classic + iQube rig ...
And also, the true potential of your amp is reflected when you use the TRUE line out... which the HiFiMAN has.
Although I am thoroughly confused by your case, whateves ^^
I'm happy, thats the important part. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #5,900 of 5,950
r31t0,

What the Hell is that?

That your MDs are plugged into, one of them Gumsticks?

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #5,902 of 5,950
Jul 3, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #5,904 of 5,950
the hippo gumstick you have there looks very similar  to the cube c30. Is that a rebrand of some sort?

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #5,906 of 5,950
I've been tempted to get one of those recently since I do need a 2nd dap but not much information out on them I believe.

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #5,907 of 5,950
The battery life on those things is like 8-10hrs, horrid. Not really worth it IMO, but YMMV. Plus, it's an OEM generic player, buy at your own risk - but I hope you don't have any issues w/it, as you'll most likely be out of money & out of luck.

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #5,908 of 5,950
Well that's one of the things that raised a red flag for me. My clip+ has a bit over 19 hours and I ideally would want somewhere around that amount and not half of that. If it had around the same amount of battery I probably would buy it. I'll get a 2nd dap again one day. Maybe I'll go back to cowon which has much longer battery life.

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #5,909 of 5,950
Quote:
Well that's one of the things that raised a red flag for me. My clip+ has a bit over 19 hours and I ideally would want somewhere around that amount and not half of that. If it had around the same amount of battery I probably would buy it. I'll get a 2nd dap again one day. Maybe I'll go back to cowon which has much longer battery life.

If I end up getting a Cowon J3, and I post a pic here, PM me and we'll meet so you can test it out. We are fellow NY'ers after all!

PS: I really HATE the way this new forum layout works. Copy/paste, just working it in general SUX!!!

Jul 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #5,910 of 5,950
Well I'm never one to turn down a free audition of stuff...unless it's for ibuds or something similar to that. Now if only the J3 wasn't so expensive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back