Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
May 30, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #5,536 of 5,950
Wow, the iPad can use USB DACs like the E7 as long as they don't try to charge of the USB port. That makes a kind of cool portable listening rig that is completely DAC/AMP dependent. Maybe the new iPhone will be able to use USB DACs as well.
etysmile.gif

May 31, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #5,539 of 5,950
iPod 3rd Generation Touch 64GB in the InCase Slider and Etymotic ER-4P's. Got 'em both last week. Prolly going to get the Griffin Elan Metal Passport case this week as well.
beyersmile.png

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #5,544 of 5,950
After a week here and there, I just finished going through this entire section, checking out everyone's rigs. Some nice looking equipment, I must say. I wish I would have saved the ones I liked, but I'm sure as hell not going to go through that again, lol.
wink.gif

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #5,545 of 5,950

Quote:
After a week here and there, I just finished going through this entire section, checking out everyone's rigs. Some nice looking equipment, I must say. I wish I would have saved the ones I liked, but I'm sure as hell not going to go through that again, lol.
wink.gif

I stopped after about 100 or so... It sure is entertaining though. 

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #5,546 of 5,950

Quote:
wink.gif

Quote:
I stopped after about 100 or so... It sure is entertaining though. 

I went through every single PoyPR thread and saved every "good" picture. I have a huge folder on my comp with all of them organized by "type" (Dap + amp // Dap only // Dap amp headphones // dap amp iems... etc.) and there's still about 200 in my root picture folder that need to be sorted. 

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #5,549 of 5,950
It was actually fun, I enjoyed it. I wanted to see what was out there, but some of the photography was top notch. I also wanted to see some of the different cable applications. I think I'm just going to make one. Cheaper, that's for sure. I'm not into the whole, 
"this cable is better than that cable," (BS, imho, physical quality maybe, but not audibly) but wanted to see the different styles. I particularly liked this one, by limpidglitch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back