Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Apr 29, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #5,221 of 5,950
Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif
It makes my new awful-yet-practical cable contraption look prettier than it is.

Apr 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #5,222 of 5,950
07012008151.jpg

07012008152.jpg

just got the grado's and the t3 today....very pleased with both purchases! the t3 is a nice upgrade over my fiio e5; not that I'm qualified to put into words how it sounds better...it just does lol...much fuller sound, which doesn't turn into a mess like the ipod hp out does once you reach a high level or a crowded/heavy passage e.g. between the buried and me or protest the hero songs. The Grado sounds awesome with rock metal, as was advertised (and why I bought it!) Crack the Skye by Mastodon sounds awesome, the guitars have a real weight and attack to them and the guitar tone sounds much more raw and exciting...was a bit too boring and laid back on the senn's.

Just waiting for my ipod classic to arrive and my portable rig will be complete until I inevitably need (want) to upgrade the grado's.

Apr 29, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #5,223 of 5,950
What amp is that dfkt? If it's the Fiio 7 I may just go for one eventually, I had no idea it was this small. Not that I need a headphone amp but eh.
If it's not, just ignore this.
biggrin.gif

I'd post a pic of my new rig with my received today AKG K518DJ (holy bass batman) but I didn't take any pics. Please disgregard this post!

Apr 29, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #5,224 of 5,950
What amp is that? If it's the Fiio 7 I may just go for one eventually, I had no idea it was this small. Not that I need a headphone amp but eh.
If it's not, just ignore this.
biggrin.gif

I'd post a pic of my new rig with my received today AKG K518DJ (holy bass batman) but I didn't take any pics. Please disgregard this post!

Apr 29, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #5,227 of 5,950
oO What's with all the adapters and cables etc? Why not just one long interconnect?

Apr 29, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #5,228 of 5,950
Sadly because I had the one at the top first and just bought the middle and bottom one so I could do that. I really want to get the top one reterminated to a mini input so I won't have to use the big gold mini to mini :/

Unless someone knows of a greater, smaller one.

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #5,229 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly because I had the one at the top first and just bought the middle and bottom one so I could do that. I really want to get the top one reterminated to a mini input so I won't have to use the big gold mini to mini :/

Unless someone knows of a greater, smaller one.

Y don't you just turn the amp around? Will be far more pocket friendly will all cables at the bottom. Plus they say that it's best to keep your interconnects as short as possible. All those adaptors may impact slightly on the sound? Depends how sensitive you are I guess

Apr 30, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #5,231 of 5,950
My updated rig...

im04t3.jpg

Apr 30, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #5,233 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love the green colour!

Thanks bro! Burning in my Picos for the night!
It already sounds great out of the box but I believe burning-in might benefit it even more.
Just love the transparency and the clarity of this amp making my used-to-be dull music sound nice...think it really enhances the mids really well! :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back