Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Apr 13, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #4,966 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Freaking amazing. That is the best sounding rig I have ever seen.

So, you've seen it, but have you heard it yet? I'm sure we'd all love to hear one, but again, till we do so, pictures don't really tell you how a device sounds.

Apr 13, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #4,967 of 5,950
^Yea I was just saying it looks nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #4,968 of 5,950
Hold Switch and Headphone jack broke a long time ago, so i tore out the components and used a shoelace to make a strap(AWESOME because the amp+LOD cable+ Ipod got pretty ****in bulky in the pocket) so now i just hang it off my belt. I just recently Installed a 240gb Hard drive and a new battery when i got my Ibasso T3. Now all I need is a good set of IEM's... any recomendations?

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #4,970 of 5,950
seekadds-
Welcome to HF, and nice rig. I've got a Sony X/ALO line out/recabled Ultrasone HFI-780's. My amp is the Headstage Arrow. Nice path you're heading down. ;0)

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #4,971 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seekadds-
Welcome to HF, and nice rig. I've got a Sony X/ALO line out/recabled Ultrasone HFI-780's. My amp is the Headstage Arrow. Nice path you're heading down. ;0)

thanks! i am pretty new to the scene, but it's good to hear that i haven't made huge mistakes yet. yea maybe getting a new cable is my next step (the stock cable was intentionally left out of the pics hehe). any suggestions for cables?

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #4,972 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by seekadds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks! i am pretty new to the scene, but it's good to hear that i haven't made huge mistakes yet. yea maybe getting a new cable is my next step (the stock cable was intentionally left out of the pics hehe). any suggestions for cables?

Hmmmm, for the Ultrasone? I'd say look into ALO. I know they mod the 780's which I have. But I got my pair from a seller who did the cable mod himself with Mogami wire, which is supposedly just about the same thing as ALO. Unfortunately I didn't hear stock HFI-780's first (so I don't know what I'm missing), but I can say the 780's are very very smooth yet detailed.

Apr 13, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #4,973 of 5,950
yes, the ALO recables seem to be very nice. I have the ALO-780 for sale (check sig) and find the bass isn't overpowering nor the high's. The ALO cable is very nice to look at
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #4,975 of 5,950
The price of that ALO cable is more or less robbery. Don't fall for that scam. It's just a cable, it makes no real difference. If you feel you must get a different cable than the stock one, get someone to recable the phones for you for a reasonable price. There are lots of able DIYers in here.

Apr 13, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #4,977 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TreKstor Vibez 12GB ans UE Metro.Fi 200

Cheers for the Vibez. I owned one a couple years back too. Loved it while it was 'with us'.
beerchug.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #4,978 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cheers for the Vibez. I owned one a couple years back too. Loved it while it was 'with us'.
beerchug.gif

Thanks! IMO, it's still one of the best sounding players I've listened to. (Though my exp. is quite limited)

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #4,979 of 5,950
Keeping the thread alive............

Here is my 'Black Gate Maxxed Fi-Quest Rig' with my JH13's, Extreme but worth it as it also doubles as my home amp with the 24v PSU.

The 2 x P3+ are also excellent Amps that punch way above their weight. They have different chipsets, both with stacked Buffers and OPA627's in ground. One has a millitary grade OPA2111AM in L/R the other has AD797B's in L/R
icon10.gif

P1010345.jpg

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #4,980 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The price of that ALO cable is more or less robbery. Don't fall for that scam. It's just a cable, it makes no real difference. If you feel you must get a different cable than the stock one, get someone to recable the phones for you for a reasonable price. There are lots of able DIYers in here.

I would have to agree.... you're certainly getting a good quality, great sounding cable but IMO you're paying a little too much. You can get just as good of, or better cable from someone that made it themselves here for a lot less money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back