Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Mar 2, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #4,501 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a request for dfkt, amp3 + ipod buds.

LOL!!!!!!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #4,502 of 5,950
I feel like I'm late to the party, but just recently joined the forum. Here's a couple shots of my travel rig. Nothing exotic, just a great sounding set up. Everything is a bit beat up as this setup sees 75k+ air miles a year. The Ety's are great for tempering the plane noise and screaming kids.
Attachment 26874

Attachment 26875

Attachment 26876

Attachment 26877

Mar 2, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #4,503 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a request for dfkt, amp3 + ipod buds.

Sorry, don't have any iBuds... but I do have the legendary DealExtreme Orange Buds. I put the player and IEMs on my copy of the Necronomicon, it dramatically improves the background hiss and stereo crosstalk.

_MG_9084.jpg

Mar 2, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #4,504 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice t1n5l3y, a Nexus One. How does it sound?
smily_headphones1.gif

I like the Nexus with the Nuforce Ne-7M's, sound pretty good in my oppinion. I do also have a Samsung P2, but I haven't really taken the time to see which is actually better. Just moved my music over to the Nexus One when it arrived and moved on.

So far, I do not really notice a big difference right away, but it does give me a boost in functionality especially on the music database part. With the app Subsonic I can acces my home computer and cache the music I want and remove them afterwards if the cache gets to big. Off course I will check how it compares to my Samsung P2 some day.

Ok not much lossless codecs that it can play, not that I have much of it at home, and with a different ROM the Nexus can play FLAC files. But so far I'm comfortable using mp3 files, won't really hear the difference with this equipment, I suppose.

Furthermore all the fuctions of the headphone button on the cable work with the Nexus One. Double click for next song and one click for pause work nicely. Haven't used the mic yet, but I think it won't have a problem either.

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #4,508 of 5,950
Cowon S9> Practical Devices XM5> Audio-Technica ATH-A700

fana1h.jpg

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #4,509 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Droid, and it sounds good - but it suffers from low volume, and could really benefit from a custom EQ (just to boost the low end a bit). Otherwise the freq response is quite even, and I'm sure his wife enjoys it immensely.

I agree the droid needs a bump in the highs and in the volume area. My wife does like the phone but I take it every chance I get!

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #4,510 of 5,950
DSCF0573.jpg

Denon AH-C751Ks (bought with my gift certificate from Headroom) and Sony Sports Walkman (bought for ninety-nine cents from ThriftTown in San Antonio, Texas -- and works perfectly).

DSCF0574.jpg

My AH-C751ks with my 8GB Clip+. Very nice to my ears...and wallet!
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #4,512 of 5,950
Nice setup. And an important message at the bottom of sig.

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:18 AM Post #4,515 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darksair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif

Rockboxed iPod Video -> Qables Performance SE -> Ibasso D2+ Boa -> UM3X

How much of a difference is there with the d2+? I am considering digging out my ipod, rockboxing, and getting a decent LOD, all going into um3x. If the amp doesn't make much difference, then I probably won't bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back