Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jan 25, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #4,156 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by TekeRugburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
45 for a LOD is kind of a lot.... around 30-35 would be better..... is ebay the only option to acquire one?

Make it yourself then
smily_headphones1.gif

Its quite easy, just remember to get the caps with appropiate size and layout.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #4,157 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you heard the SA6 before ?
They are known for their great trebles, balanced sound signature, and a relatively wide sound stage.
They are quite easy to drive, which is not a problem for the Sansa clip+.
You can use it either wireless, using kleer wireless, or use it wired, using the normal cable or using the iphone cable(mic).
Since its for portable, wireless it shall be.

The sound is very enjoyable, be it 320kbps lossy or flac lossless, the sa6 is not that unforgiving(sorry for the dual negative). Think that point is impt as you know, the capacity is not as big as ipod's.

One point to note is that, imo, the sleeks do not respond very much from amping. Yes, there is an audible difference, but I do not think it is worth it, it sounds very very good unamp-ed out of the clip+, which I feel is one of the best source out there taking everything in to consideration, size, price, UI, etc.

Currently, I have 2 grudge with the SA6, is that at complicated passages, it sounds congested at times, and to some, the bass is not deep enough, even with bass+ ports. Though there is bass quantity increase when changing from wired to wireless.

Note: I charge the clip+ for around 8 hours + for my first charge.
For 2 hours daily for my travelling, it lasted me a little bit over a week with lossy files, pure audio, none-radio.

Yup, it is very very small, hence my choice of picking the clip+ by selling away my fuze, as I really like a great sounding and stealth setup.

The wireless transmitter is not that heavy at all
smily_headphones1.gif
, clip it anywhere you want, even your shirt pocket
smily_headphones1.gif

thx for the info....final questions:

How long does the sa6 wireless battery last daily?

Is it true that it skips when you put it in pant pockets?

how often does the sound on the wireless sa6's skip in general?

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #4,158 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sefra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just recieved two Sony NW-A847's and I didn't have to pay import fees
bigsmile_face.gif
. The bronze looks really sweet but the black fits my JH13 better. Decisions, decisions...

Where did you buy them? And why do you need two of them? :wink:

Have you ever heard a Sony X? I have a 1060 and would like to know if the A847 sounds the same.

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #4,159 of 5,950
Jan 26, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #4,160 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thx for the info....final questions:

How long does the sa6 wireless battery last daily?

Is it true that it skips when you put it in pant pockets?

how often does the sound on the wireless sa6's skip in general?

Around 10 hours.
I usually charge it only when the battery is totally flat.

Yep, it skips quite alot when in your pants pocket, as it is very close to your skin, human skin tends to absorb.. blah blah blah lol.
Just clip it outside on your pants and no problem.

In the past when I have epic diymod + external caps + amp, i just toss the entire rig with the sleek transmitter in my bag and no problem.

It skips sometimes when my hand accidentally touches it, but no big issues anywhere, the clip+ has the clip for a functional reason
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #4,161 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by backtofront001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I am about to get a D4 in the mail and I intend to use it with my laptop mostly but I want portability as well. So I got one of these to hold me over until I buy a LOD.
HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!
Now I am reading, that these things need caps or something. Is the one I have going to be ok for temporary status or am I going to damage something by using it?

Thanks

I am pretty sure that caps are only needed for iMods. To be double sure, you could email the site you are buying from.

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #4,163 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by hvu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Caps are only need for the imod but be careful on what kind of LOD you buy because the itouch and iphone I believe have a different pin out than the ipod so the LOD may not work.

I am going to be using a Nano 2g. So I shouldn't have a problem on that front. So other than the pin out, I dont have to worry about melting my drivers?

Jan 27, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #4,166 of 5,950
I would recommend to double check with the seller to see if their LOD would work with the nano because I dont know if the nano has a different pin out that than my 5th gen ipod.
I would recommend EFN if you want a custom made LOD. He already made one lod for me and in the process of making my second one for my imod.
The lod wont melt your driver if the pins are wrong, it just wont play any sound.

Jan 27, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #4,168 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by hvu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Caps are only need for the imod but be careful on what kind of LOD you buy because the itouch and iphone I believe have a different pin out than the ipod so the LOD may not work.

For iphone/itouch.. just link the 11 and 15 together on an ipod lod and its iphone/itouch compatible.. don't make it sound so diffcult =/

And Caps ARE needed for fuze lod, and yes, different pins layout for the left right and ground.
There are additional 2 pins you need to take note of.
Currently stop making fuze lod, so yeah, go get some info from googling
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #4,170 of 5,950
I had an MD player through high school, the net MD MZR 700. I knew nothing about sound back then but I do recall it to be pretty awesome. I biked to school with it everyday and it worked flawlessly for 3 years until I went away to university.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back