Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jan 13, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #4,006 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by ianmedium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi limin.
I just had to look what what a LOD was!
I am new to the portable field so did not know about them, what are the advantages over what I have now and also where can I obtain something like that? I have not seen them in my HIFI stores.
Thanks for any help on that question, I am hoping that the answer will be better performance..If so sign me up
atsmile.gif

There are lots of guys here on Head-fi that will build a quality LOD for you OR you could visit Ridax and get a connector your self and build one. The main advantage is that you bypass the internal (poor) amplification circuit to the HP out. The dock is a clean line out signal. You will notice a big difference
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #4,007 of 5,950
^^^ Or, if you are not a DIYer, there are any number of commercially available LODS. Just Google and you should find some. iBasso are well regarded and inexpensive. I really rate the build of Russ Andrews gear, maybe ignore his hyperbole! My first was off ebay and was not very good, so be wary there.

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #4,010 of 5,950
My portable rig whilst the JH13's are being repaired.........

P1010302.jpg

P1010303.jpg

Fi-Quest Amp + DIY LOD (Ultra Pure Solid Silver Wire + Switchcraft Jack). The Fi-Quest is 24v but also good enough as a home amp via it's high spec PSU.

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #4,011 of 5,950
new DAP!

n97kl.jpg

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #4,012 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fi-Quest Amp + DIY LOD (Ultra Pure Solid Silver Wire + Switchcraft Jack). The Fi-Quest is 24v but also good enough as a home amp via it's high spec PSU.

Drooling over my keyboard right now, that looks lovely - If only I had the money
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #4,013 of 5,950
^ Cheers buddy. Compared to some of the guys here it's really quite modest, no imods here
redface.gif
. I'm not rolling in it either so every purchase has to count.... That said, with the pound against the dollar recently the Fi-Quest turned out to be a real bargain especially when you consider the superb SQ and the tweakability factor
smily_headphones1.gif
I got rid of my Graham Slee Solo PSU1 once I got the Fi-Quest
eek.gif
Money left for tweaking hehe...

Jan 14, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #4,016 of 5,950
Quote:

P1010302.jpg

P1010303.jpg

The fi-Quest looks like a tank
normal_smile .gif
nice amp, would have loved to have it as a part of a portable rig, do you know when it will be available.

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #4,017 of 5,950
Quote:

There are lots of guys here on Head-fi that will build a quality LOD for you OR you could visit Ridax and get a connector your self and build one. The main advantage is that you bypass the internal (poor) amplification circuit to the HP out. The dock is a clean line out signal. You will notice a big difference
smily_headphones1.gif

Wonderful, thank you, will get one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back