Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jan 10, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #3,991 of 5,950
This is all of my portable stuff
normal_smile .gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #3,992 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by bik2101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what kind of tips do you have on your ie8's? are those olives?

No, that's the standard foamie.
DSC01872.jpg

Upper one is olive.

I like the standard foamies the most because they are more comfortable to me and they also sound great, the olives muffle the osund a little bit, bass is less tight and treble a little bit laid back.

And yes, my iPod is jailbroken.

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #3,993 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by bik2101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you know if the newer ones are any different from the gray ones outside of the wax guard? i know i didnt really like the gray ones with any iem's i tried them with.

i only have the gray ones but from what i remember reading or could have just been reading speculation but i would imagine they sound the same since they are both foam and the wax guard is inside the core of the comply if i remember right

but seeing as i havent used the newer comply..take this however you may

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #3,995 of 5,950
Here is my humble set up.
iTouch 2nd Gen 8Gig, Stax SR-001 MK2 and Kimber Tonic interconnect.

I want to find something similar to the tonic but shorter and more flexible but with the same sort of sound quality, any suggestions more than welcome!

P1000618adj.jpg

P1000619adj.jpg

Jan 11, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #3,997 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by limin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ianmedium, any reason for not using an LOD?

Hi limin.
I just had to look what what a LOD was!
I am new to the portable field so did not know about them, what are the advantages over what I have now and also where can I obtain something like that? I have not seen them in my HIFI stores.
Thanks for any help on that question, I am hoping that the answer will be better performance..If so sign me up
atsmile.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #4,000 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by ianmedium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my humble set up.
iTouch 2nd Gen 8Gig, Stax SR-001 MK2 and Kimber Tonic interconnect.

I want to find something similar to the tonic but shorter and more flexible but with the same sort of sound quality, any suggestions more than welcome!

P1000618adj.jpg

P1000619adj.jpg

I would think Russ Andrews would knock you something up, if you are in the UK baby! Not sure about his shipping policy but top notch stuff.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #4,001 of 5,950
I decided to try a mod I've had in mind for the marshmallows i use when cans aren't a good option. I made my own cushions/whatever they are called out of industrial foam earplugs. Comfort and bass have both been improved as well as i removed the paper for cotton instead of foam and it works much better to help with the highs and mids without lowering the total volume and bass.

ZenandMarsh.jpg

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #4,002 of 5,950
^ good! im not the only one using Zen here! hehe

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #4,003 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would think Russ Andrews would knock you something up, if you are in the UK baby! Not sure about his shipping policy but top notch stuff.

biggrin.gif
It was Russ that I got the kimber from! Will have a chat with him!

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #4,004 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by heishiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ good! im not the only one using Zen here! hehe

I've had it for a few years but rarely used it, now im trying it out over my ipod nano 2g, so far the SQ and volume are weak in comparison.
frown.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #4,005 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuaffiliate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided to try a mod I've had in mind for the marshmallows i use when cans aren't a good option. I made my own cushions/whatever they are called out of industrial foam earplugs. Comfort and bass have both been improved as well as i removed the paper for cotton instead of foam and it works much better to help with the highs and mids without lowering the total volume and bass.

Nice mod!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back