Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Nov 26, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #3,721 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seeing you're in Germany... are those the overpriced ACS sleeves, or did you find a more reasonably priced alternative?

Price was 138€, so even more expensive than ACS. At least I think so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm quite interested in something like that, since the IE8's isolation leaves a lot to be desired.

Well, the isolation doesn't improve vey much compared to Complys. But the sound improvement is tremendeous. A lot more detail and even wider Soundstage, bass kinda setlled down. The highs are only slightly brighter in my ears. But I have very big and slope ear canals, so I do profit from customs especially.

Nov 26, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #3,722 of 5,950
It's been a while, but I've got some new stuff so it's time to get some more pink in this thread.

Photo074.jpg

New headphones. HTX7 with A728 and Mini Cubed.

Photo075.jpg

New player. Mintpad with CK1

Photo077.jpg

The wide view. I haven't settled on a pouch for the Mintpad yet.

Photo078.jpg

But this one works very well for the A728. The buds are Panasonic EJ200, they're pretty cheap, but nice.

Photo082.jpg

Haven't tried this combo out yet, but the Mintpad sounds really good with the ES5 by itself, so it'll probably be pretty good with the Mini Cubed in the mix.

Photo091.jpg

More new headphones. Audio Technica CKF300, pretty much an update of the CK1.

Photo092.jpg

Photo081.jpg

A couple more of the Mintpad, cause I like it
wink.gif

Photo084.jpg

Photo085.jpg

Lastly a couple of Audio Technica earphone hard cases. Quite handy.

Nov 26, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #3,726 of 5,950
I wish I could post my portable rig; But alas, I no longer have one because the headphone-out of my iPod Touch is worn out. Aah, Apple. When will they learn that a quick pause-button is always a must? I don't think I'm the only one who resorted to the "Lazy Man's Pause Button" -- pulling out the headphone cable to pause a song. Their other audio products had it, you'd think they'd carry the idea over onto the Touch lineup. I'll probably be donating my iPod touch to my parents' household system... (I'm ashamed to admit I've begun introducing my dad to Hi-Fi. Although he recently bought Bose, in this case I think it's acceptable because his main use for them atm is watching movies and canceling out my mother's on-the-phone nattering.)

I think my next purchase will be the Cowon S9... Does anybody else have experience running Pro 900s from an S9? Is the bass too strong on the Cowon?

Nov 27, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #3,728 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayito-san /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I could post my portable rig; But alas, I no longer have one because the headphone-out of my iPod Touch is worn out. Aah, Apple. When will they learn that a quick pause-button is always a must? I don't think I'm the only one who resorted to the "Lazy Man's Pause Button" -- pulling out the headphone cable to pause a song. Their other audio products had it, you'd think they'd carry the idea over onto the Touch lineup. I'll probably be donating my iPod touch to my parents' household system... (I'm ashamed to admit I've begun introducing my dad to Hi-Fi. Although he recently bought Bose, in this case I think it's acceptable because his main use for them atm is watching movies and canceling out my mother's on-the-phone nattering.)

I think my next purchase will be the Cowon S9... Does anybody else have experience running Pro 900s from an S9? Is the bass too strong on the Cowon?

Why don't you just get a LOD for your touch? Much cheaper than buying a new DAP
confused_face.gif

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #3,729 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by nwkid178 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you just get a LOD for your touch? Much cheaper than buying a new DAP
confused_face.gif

Or look at the fiio e1, but thats another topic for another time...

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #3,731 of 5,950
^^ Nice pics.

How do you like the sound of the M50's?

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #3,732 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ Nice pics.

How do you like the sound of the M50's?

Thanx!!

Honestly these are my very first headphones, so I cannot compare them with others...
I really like them. I've listened for a wide range of music today (got them yesterday) and I just loved it. The bass is truly amazing and its great overall out of the box but it needs burn-in so it will be even better. I use them with custom EQ settings on my S9. The volume is highly more than enough...
By the way they are missing a little air from the sound, but its the closed construction's fault.
The headphone itself feels and looks quite professional and thats what I was looking for.

All in all I love them very much
atsmile.gif

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #3,733 of 5,950
Creative ZEN 20GB:

dscf0002k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back