Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Aug 19, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #3,092 of 5,950
^ What you need to do is sign-up to an image-hosting site. I personally use photobucket.com

So sign-up, upload your pictures then copy and paste the IMG code into a post that you want the pictures to be seen. Hope you understand this
smily_headphones1.gif
And I'm looking forward to seeing your portable rig. What do you have anyway?

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #3,097 of 5,950
img0033copy.jpg

img0034copy.jpg

With the Clip, volume is set to about 1/6 opposed to 1/2 with AD700s. Very sensitive phones.

Thankfully though, no hiss.

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #3,098 of 5,950
Here's my current collection, despite all the negativity surrounding the new 3g Shuffle, IMHO it's the best sounding of all of the Shuffles, with zero hiss.

God only knows why Apple balls up with the control aspect of the Shuffle 3g, but once you get used to them, it's easy to control and switching playlists is a god-send. Even the voice over function is pretty useful.

On the whole I'm happy with the 3g Shuffle, I guess that's the main thing - I've got a Scosche tapSTICK arriving next week - I can't wait to hear what it sounds like with some decent phones ?

it sounds pretty amazing with my Shure SE102's - Zero hiss unlike my 2nd gen Shuffle.

However it's only a matter of time before I loose it down the back of the sofa or something, it's just so damn small..... It's hard to convey just how small it really is until you have one in your hand - It's truly tiny.
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #3,099 of 5,950
Hi,

kinda my first "real" post as a fairly new member...
wink.gif

Waiting for the JH13pros as new custom IEMs - up until then here are some shots of my setup:

- QUSP modded iPod 5G 120GB,
- Cyro ALO LOD,
- ALO v-cap dock,
- Quables SilverlinePro mini interconncet,
- RSA Predator and a rather vintage
- Grado RS2.

On the go the soon to be replaced Shure e4s - audio quality is 90% Apple LossLess.

Also a Cowon iaudio X5 30g, an Apple iPod Shuffle 3G and iPhone are around.

So - that´s what you all have done to me (or my wallet) - thank´s a lot!!! LOL!
icon10.gif

Cheers & keep this forum alive - it rocks!

Micha
wink.gif

DSC01582.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

DSC01584.jpg

Aug 22, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #3,101 of 5,950
@ GreatDane

Thanks for the wild guess - the weakest link are the headphones though.
redface.gif

The Shure e4s were always okay with the X5 - but now they just are very harsh in the upper regions and produce a rather flat bass.

The Grado´s do fairly well with mid volume - nice detailing but with linear SQ settings too flat with the standard bowls - the flat "bowls" which I also bought are a real improvement.
biggrin.gif

September will be JH13pro time - hope they match the expectations as I never heard better IEMs than my nearly 4 year old Shure´s...
frown.gif

Cheers

Micha

Aug 23, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #3,102 of 5,950
a fair-well pic for the XP, I still have a standard Lisa, already posted this rig in the JH13 thread
DIYMOD 5.5g (240gb)->cryoparts TWCu/SCSCAg wired Duelund coper foil dock->Lisa III XP->JH|13Pro
IMG_5538copy.jpg

IMG_5506copy.jpg

IMG_5514copy.jpg

evil_smiley.gif
OMG these JH13 are awesome and the Duelunds arent half bad either.

Aug 24, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #3,104 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a crazy rig DynaMike. I like it.

I can safely bet that it sounds extremely good.
RS1.gif

I can safely bet that my rig sounds extremely better and I spent $30 on mine.
darthsmile.gif

Aug 24, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #3,105 of 5,950
^^ LOL really?? do tell... and you will of course post detailed comparison between your $30 rig and a similar VCAP dock rig to above
tongue.gif
(not mine) as to how it is 'better'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back