Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jun 19, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #2,837 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still love how the zune looks, btw is that a scratch?

It's got a few smudges here and there. I'm rough on my players :p

I traded a kid my Zune 30 for this and some cash. I wanted small size much more than I did capacity... I'm hoping this will hold me over until the Zune HD
etysmile.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #2,841 of 5,950
Or straight out of the O2... it has a really good and powerful headphone out, with no hiss and low crosstalk.

I'm only using my modified T4 with the O2 since it gives me 15dB bass boost instead of the inaudible 3dB the T4 normally gives. I like that because the damn O2 has no EQ in video mode... but otherwise the O2 sounds good enough on its own with any phone and has a really powerful amp section, no need for the T4 - not to mention the E5, which clearly can only make matters worse.
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #2,845 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by chews89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uhh.. isn't double amping a big no-no ?

There's a guy that's feeding his M3 amp with the headphone out on the Essence STX because he says it sounds better then feeding it directly with a line out.

There's a lot of 'rules' that get posted here.. there's also a lot of people talking out their ass like they're masters of the audio chain. Try it out. If it sounds better to YOU then it IS better.

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #2,847 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a guy that's feeding his M3 amp with the headphone out on the Essence STX because he says it sounds better then feeding it directly with a line out.

There's a lot of 'rules' that get posted here.. there's also a lot of people talking out their ass like they're masters of the audio chain. Try it out. If it sounds better to YOU then it IS better.

Well I didn't really mean it in terms of SQ, rather that I've read that double amping may cause the second amp to be overloaded. Something that uncle_erik said in another thread. Oh wait, I've found it:

"You could overload the second amp. They're designed to accept only a certain amount of input from a source - not the amount of power that comes from another amp. At best, you'll increase distortion. At worst, you could cook off something inside the second amp." - Uncle_Erik

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #2,848 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait one sec... what is THAT?

Are my eyes tricking me or I saw an alessandro MS2 with stock cable and 1/4'' jack connected to a jack to balanced XLR plug and that plug connected to a XLR to mini jack?

neutrik female 1/4" to RA mini, no XLR

edit: see he answered it. on the next page LOL

I am a little confused with the triple amping too, but hey, each to their own....

would have thought the $$ and space would be better used on one really decent amp. seems by using like this, it is no longer compact or so cheap with the interconnects needed; which is the main advantage of both amps (cheap/small), I dont know many people that would choose either one if they were full size portables, but effectively that is what the rig has become the size of, maybe larger and definitely more cumbersome.

whats the draw??? BASSS???

Jun 20, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #2,849 of 5,950
Is it photography skills? Many of your rigs look really attractive, even the simple ones.

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #2,850 of 5,950
DSC01435.jpg

No Amp FTW :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back