Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jun 15, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #2,806 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've applied so many times. Obviously not interested in me
frown.gif
- Just wanna review an E71 before I buy one hopefully this year (or the E72, but it's uglier. Like the touchpad though and 3.5mm!)
frown.gif

How do you find the keyboard on that? I'm not sure i'd get on with the big keys tbh. I like E61/71 style, or when it comes to landscape, the G1 has small keys... Bigger is better, but too big, I don't know
confused.gif

I actually prefer the E71 thumboard to this. It is nice, but the flat keys make it harder to type blindly. I had the same issue with the HTC Universal flat keyboard.

Honestly I just prefer the keys on the E71 more. Anyway it isn't like the E75's pad is awful and is much much easier to slide it down and type URL addresses with it, before switching back to portrait, but given the choice I prefer something similar to my old HTC Wizard (O2 XDA Mini S) QWERTY slide out thumboard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nokia need to get their head out of their ass and upgrade the resolution of their non-touchscreen phones. 240x320 in 2009 is just an insult.

Agree, but the screen here is pretty good and, apart from video playback, it isn't a huge handicap. Nokia's own browser makes good use of the lack of high resolution and Opera Mini is just fantastic.

Still 90% of none-touchscreen phones in 2009 still sport 240x320 resolution, so I guess you can't really single out Nokia here. Even HTC Windows Mobile for Smartphones phones still uses QVGA. Blackberries have higher resolution, but the UI doesn't really take much advantage of it, IMO.

Jun 15, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #2,807 of 5,950
filipelli, I'm learning the exact same thing right now (have the paper infront of me) for my biology exam tomorrow
biggrin.gif
, world is small.

And yeah baines, I'd like to review some stuff as well. How do you get review samples? And I bet you need to give them back, but still awesome hobby
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #2,808 of 5,950
Good evening, head-fellows.
smily_headphones1.gif

NokiaN97.jpg

I imagine this will hold me up until my 32GB 3GS arrives later this week.. though I'm sure you all have seen that model for the past year already.
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #2,810 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I imagine this will hold me up until my 32GB 3GS arrives later this week.. though I'm sure you all have seen that model for the past year already.
wink.gif

Though I was never a fan of the Symbian OS, a lot of the hardware that use it are very nice looking.
smily_headphones1.gif

For curiosity's sake, how does it sound?

Jun 16, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #2,811 of 5,950
Right now I only have my iPhone 3G to compare it to, but for crude reference reference it sounds like the 3G with a layer of cotton muffling the sound. It's not as bad as I'm making it sound.. it just sounds a little veiled and less resolving than the 3G (which I found a stellar performer.. hence why I'm going to move to the 3GS as a no-brainer). It's really great for a phone, but it lives in the 3G's shadow sonically speaking.

More pointedly, it's pretty warm, like the N85. The sound signature is laid-back and not too aggressive.. not a lot of energy going on throughout the spectrum. Definitely not too cold or analytical. Sounds great with jazz, I must say.

Right now I'm using it for the gym with a pair of iM716s so it'll do just fine. The rest of the features are pretty slick.. though I do prefer mobile OSX Cocoa Touch over Symbian S60v5 for ease of use.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #2,816 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

NokiaN97.jpg

wink.gif

pretty impressive though
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #2,817 of 5,950
You Nokia guys wouldn't have any tips on streaming audio would you? I'm thinking about getting the E71, and thought with a FiiO size amp, using it as a media player, however it want to carry my whole 34gb collection, which I do on my D2 with 3 SD cards. I'm thinking about keeping the D2 for use abroad, in the car/bed etc. - and now i'm using my portable rig less, just using the phone. I still like to shuffle through my own collection as a whole though, and not swap music on the device much. I could still use Last.fm Mobbler for listening to other stuff though.

Mobbler has improved ALOT in the latest update, but it's still not quite what I want. Could I stream via 3G from my home pc? Or could I upload my collection onto a web server and stream from it? What applications could do this? I like mobbler, but it's not got my whole collection on there (lots of other stuff though!) and it is hard to find something to listen to. I tune in to an artists radio, typing the name in, and it comes up with other stuff too
frown.gif
- I just want to be able to put my collection on shuffle, and stream it. Viable?

Will Spotify do what I want? Maybe it is closer to what I want than Last.fm? They have a mobile client coming I have heard, how long, and how suited to what I want idk. An application that allowed me to stream music I uploaded to their servers would be brilliant, but I don't think anything like it exists?
frown.gif

Orb sort of has it right... I run the app on my laptop (has to be on 24/7 though) and go to the browser on my phone, and pick what I want, and play/download. I can play all the tracks, and they stream in RealPlayer, but can't skip tracks etc. and no albu art. If they coupled it with a good application, it would be perfect. I'll keep it for streaming vids to the E61 when i'm downstairs etc. though.

Anything? Or should I just carry both the E71 (when I get one!) and the D2 and SD's and be done with it?
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #2,820 of 5,950
img0242c.jpg

img0246uak.jpg

Unfortunately I was unable to make Dream Theater a flac, as audacity wouldn't go past 2gb...
But its 1.5gb at 320kbs mp3, which is still good.
All studio cds except for When Dream and Day Unite and Black Clouds and Silver Linings.
I also added A Change of Seasons EP(just the main song) after Awake for good measure.
smily_headphones1.gif

Love it how albums Scenes From a Memory through Octavarium all flow into eachother, and about 80% of their songs for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back