Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
May 22, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #2,626 of 5,950
dscn3175.jpg

dscn3173.jpg

May 22, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #2,627 of 5,950
Nice gear nujabez! For a minute there your reflection in the es7's earcup made it look a bit brown and I thought it was an esw9 or esw10
tongue.gif

May 22, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #2,628 of 5,950
FiiOAmpandCDP001.jpg

FiiOAmpandCDP002.jpg

FiiOAmpandCDP003.jpg

This is actually my home headphone listening system for at the computer, the FiiO is the only headphone amp I could really afford at the time, just happens to be portable. I actually just pulled it out of the package I received today, about 10 minutes before taking this picture. Not sure if I was supposed to charge the battery before running the E5 but it worked out of the package so I'm running it to burn it in i guess.

May 23, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #2,630 of 5,950
350 Rocket, how do you like the portapros? Doesn't the e5 make it a bass monster?

IMO I love the retro-look of the portapro, damn funky. I was thinking about getting a pair because they are relatively cheap, but I already have the es7 as my portable can so I duno..

May 23, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #2,631 of 5,950
chews89, I really like the PortaPro's but I don't have much to compare it to. I bought them a while back because I read lots about how good they were at the price range. Other than these all I've ever owned was junk. Right now the majority of my listening is done on the factory speakers in my 1984 Oldsmobile on the 35 min drive to work. I also listened to a pair of Sony Street style headphones recently which I know are always pretty well junk but after listening to the Porta Pro's they really really sucked, not much of a comparison I know but it's all I've got. I know the Porta Pro's are heavy on bass but the Sony's seemed to have absolutely no bass, or at least none in certain ranges, also the treble was really harsh and hurt my ears which sucks when you like to listen loud.

I just got this amp yesterday and I haven't had a chance to compare with and without it. I'm no audiophile so it makes it harder for me to do a good comparison but I will make an attempt. It sounded pretty nice on my first impression listening to heavy rock like Adema, A Perfect Circle, etc.

May 23, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #2,633 of 5,950
Thanks for sharing, 350Rocket. Yeah, I've just read around and the general consensus is that portapros have a LOT of bass. And now that you have an e5 with "bass boost" I guess that bass will be increased even more. Haha I guess you're a bass lover? I on the other hand don't like huge amounts of bass, I find it can be a bit annoying somtimes. Its mainly the sweet mids and highs that do it for me
tongue.gif

May 23, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #2,636 of 5,950
iPodS-Jays.jpg

iPod Nano 3G 4GB > S-Jays with Shure olives for ultra portability
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #2,638 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The line-out has a rather severe bass roll-off that cannot be fixed with an amp (like the usual headphone amp used with low impedance phones on a phone-out). It's quite noticeable with most music genres, except the most bass-shy stuff. Distortions look really bad in RMAA, but I didn't notice that much of them with my own ears.

Here's the X5 line-out vs. the phone-out (no load). The phone-out measures so much better in every aspect, it's not even funny: RightMark Audio Analyzer test: comparison

Here's the X5 line-out vs. the H340: RightMark Audio Analyzer test: comparison

So yeah, anyone who bought the Qables X5 LOD is a sucker.
wink.gif

thanks for that dkft; I made a low profile one earlier this year by request for someone, but I have never heard it. so I will recommend against it from now on; so even a mini to mini out to an amp doesnt help??

May 24, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #2,640 of 5,950
cool, so mini to mini it is; thanks man. waiting for an excuse to post in here,
iriverH120-sysconceptoptical-D10-Vo.jpg
iriverH120-sysconceptoptical-D10-cr.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back