Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Mar 2, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #1,953 of 5,950
hey those IE7 look really sweet on!! I assumed they would have a similar fit to IE8, but they are actually quite low profile and stylin

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #1,954 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a LOD for the A818???

there is an ebay seller I think?? not sure, but i've seen reference to one; does it actually have a line-out or is HP out from dock. thats what I thought. also I thought the line out needed power. ken ball gave up trying if I remember correctly

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #1,955 of 5,950
my current rig...

DSC_0073-1.jpg

Still debating whether or not I should use my sr325i's on the go. they sound wonderful to me with this rig, but i don't know if i want to wear open headphones outside...

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #1,956 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my current rig...

[IG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/xyukihirokunx/DSC_0073-1.jpg[/IMG]

Still debating whether or not I should use my sr325i's on the go. they sound wonderful to me with this rig, but i don't know if i want to wear open headphones outside...

dont know if others want your open headphones outside either
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #1,957 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dont know if others want your open headphones outside either
tongue.gif

Haha, exactly.

Actually... I've run into some people who were listening to their buds so loud that I could hear what they were listening to. I feel sorry for their ears.

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #1,958 of 5,950
Quote:

Haha, exactly.

Actually... I've run into some people who were listening to their buds so loud that I could hear what they were listening to. I feel sorry for their ears.

yeah I here that too, usually the ones that have really bad isolation, so they have to turn it right up to get any bass response.

BTW. arent those external caps on you LOD a bit vulnerable?? not small enough to fit inside I guess. thats another bonus of making your own dock casing. if you want to give it a try, the putty I use is called milliput; comes in black and sets hard as a rock so you can sand it down. are the pana's?? or Nichicons?? or something else

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #1,959 of 5,950
Quote:

yeah I here that too, usually the ones that have really bad isolation, so they have to turn it right up to get any bass response.

BTW. arent those external caps on you LOD a bit vulnerable?? not small enough to fit inside I guess. thats another bonus of making your own dock casing. if you want to give it a try, the putty I use is called milliput; comes in black and sets hard as a rock so you can sand it down. are the pana's?? or Nichicons?? or something else

They are pretty vulnerable, but they should be okay. They are too big to fit inside. It's one of my first LOD's that I made so I'm still learning. I'll look into the milliput. The caps are nichicons.

Mar 2, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #1,960 of 5,950
Quote:

They are pretty vulnerable, but they should be okay. They are too big to fit inside. It's one of my first LOD's that I made so I'm still learning. I'll look into the milliput. The caps are nichicons.

ahh thought so; yeah no room for those inside; the putty is a 2 part polymer putty, sets into rock hard black plastic in a matter of 3 hrs, so you can work it for about 30mins and then start carving/shaping after a couple hours, sand to smooth finish and give it a clear coat. Time consuming, but you can achieve things that are impossible any other way, like a low profile capped LOD. regardless man, good job on the LOD, its fun stuff hey this DIY??

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #1,961 of 5,950
Quote:

hey those IE7 look really sweet on!! I assumed they would have a similar fit to IE8, but they are actually quite low profile and stylin

actually unlike boxy ie8..these Ie7 have a much better fit in my ear.

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:33 AM Post #1,963 of 5,950
Quote:

wsatia: those M8 certainly are lookers!! and that case you have on your 6G is drop-dead gorgeous!! do they have one for 5.5G?? what is it?

hey haha thanks for the compliments man:)

and I'm so terribly sorry I tried searching for the box but I can't find it. I think I threw it away. hmm anyway if I'm right it's by some japanese company? was recommended to me by the salesperson and came with a clickwheel protector, screen protector and back protector. and I think what's unique about it so that maybe someone here can ID it is that the case isn't put on through the hole for the screen, but there's a hole at the top (like where the headphone jack and hold switch is) to slide the ipod in, which is different from most other silicon cases? I think.

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:41 AM Post #1,964 of 5,950
Quote:

my current rig...

[MG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/xyukihirokunx/DSC_0073-1.jpg[/IMG]

hang-on mate, I didnt even notice before for some reason (4am here when I saw it the first time) is your sansa DIYMODDED?? did you remove the output caps??
confused.gif
when I saw the pic last night, I just automatically substituted an ipod when I saw the capped LOD and what I thought was a clickwheel.

or doesnt the fuze have decoupling caps as standard in the lineout and you have to add them.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #1,965 of 5,950
My new favourite portable rig:

Neco SoundLabs Cmoy Variant (High Resolution) with OPA627's
160gb (Lossless)
DIY Solid Silver Cable LOD with Switchcaft 3.5mm Jack
IE8's

P1000773.jpg

P1000769.jpg

As always, sorry about the naff quality photos. Can't seem to get to grips with my new Lumix!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back