Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Dec 31, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #1,036 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That guy only has 6 posts, he probably doesn't know very much about forum etiquette, no need to scream at him.

Thank you Calexico.

Yes, I do know about forum etiquette, I simply forgot to break the image tags before submitting the reply.

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #1,038 of 5,950
Did you not read my previous post?

It was a simple mistake that I forgot to break the image tags before posting.

There are other more important things to get upset about than somone quoting photos. I'm sorry to offend anyone on this forum, I wont let it happen agian!

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #1,039 of 5,950
Now that I see some being so nice and cursing to someone for quoting pictures I will be nice back and quote them again. Enjoy them and have a Happy New Year.
wink.gif
Yes, I am being very sarcastic.
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Inspired by SiBurning over a year ago, finally I have my very own bomber rig...

EFNiRiverRig04.jpg

EFNiRiverRig03.jpg

EFNiRiverRig02.jpg

EFNiRiverRig01.jpg

Just pics now.....later when I have the time I will talk more about them.

Dec 31, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #1,041 of 5,950
Seriously whats the fuss? Atleast I know what people are talking about when they quote pictures. Saves me the trouble to scroll back a few pages (or simply click on the link LOL) to find the original post with picture of their rig.

I dont see any problems unless you have 56k connection. Who nowadays has that anyway?

Dec 31, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #1,043 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be fair, he has asked nice quite a few times in this very thread you are posting in now.

I usually break links to avoid lengthy posts, but IMHO new users cannot be expected to read through a 100+ page post to see if quoting images is considered proper. It should be a forum rule that users are presented with by default when they sign up if it needs to be enforced by the ops.

And x2 on the 56k. I am on a fairly fast fiber optic connection, but have a lot of pals who are on 56k (or worse). It also keeps the number of pages down.

I'll shut up now and let folks get back to posting pictures on the thread.
ph34r.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #1,045 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHW1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you not read my previous post?

It was a simple mistake that I forgot to break the image tags before posting.

There are other more important things to get upset about than somone quoting photos. I'm sorry to offend anyone on this forum, I wont let it happen agian!

Its not just you, and yes i have asked several times for people to stop quoting pics. Guess ill just add everyone that does this to my ignore list, certainly the easiest thing to do

Reasons not to quote pics:
56 k, mobile devices/internet, scrolling, fast connections that are occupied, knowing where you left off in a thread.
Quoting pics is like spamming, its using up visual space in a thread without any reason. Noone is hurt by spam either, but its still frowned upon, even if that actually takes up less space than pictures

Dec 31, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #1,046 of 5,950
Captain

I understand what you are saying, and I dont have a problem with any of it.

My problem was with the total lack of respect and the beligerant tone that you used toward me and other users of this forum. There is no need for it.

Head-fi is a wonderful place for like minded individuals to enjoy and share their hobby with one another. If someone makes a mistake....who cares, have fun and enjoy this wonderful forum for what it is. If you have a problem just ask nice.

Have a happy and prosperouse new year!

PS. I apologize to everyone for taking away from the subject, I wont say anything else.

Dec 31, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #1,047 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHW1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Captain
My problem was with the total lack of respect and the beligerant tone that you used toward me and other users of this forum. There is no need for it.

As has been pointed out before, ive used pleasentries before and so has others - when people keep ignoring everything that isnt written with huge letters, there is only one thing left to do

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #1,050 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My portable rig is nothing to brag about really.
very_evil_smiley.gif

A man with his priorities straight. That's more than can be said about the rest of us though.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back