Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Nov 25, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #466 of 5,950
My latest setup, for home use: Gigabeat F Series with a 120GB HDD mod, FiiO E3, and my old reliable Sony MDR-V6's with new Beyerdynamic ear pads.

PB260048.png

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #469 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iTouch 8GB -> custom IC -> FiiO amp -> USB cable -> 250GB mypassport HDD -> electrical tape -> logitech VX nano mouse -> poster tack -> bluetooth transmitter -> wireless transfer -> empty 0.5L coke bottle -> ibuds

win

Nov 25, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #470 of 5,950
Quote:

iTouch 8GB -> custom IC -> FiiO amp -> USB cable -> 250GB mypassport HDD -> electrical tape -> logitech VX nano mouse -> poster tack -> bluetooth transmitter -> wireless transfer -> empty 0.5L coke bottle -> ibuds

HAHA that's just awesome!

Nov 25, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #472 of 5,950
Quote:

That looks like a pretty nice rig. How does it sound?

Nov 26, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #474 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find customs wayyyyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyy more convenient on the go
confused.gif

Not when I get weird looks as it is from my classmates. I am sensitive hahahaha.

The um1s to block out sound when I study, without people wondering if I have hearing issues with the Ue5 and silver cable. Plus sometimes the um1 feels less...ahem...intrusive than the Ue5.

Nov 26, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #475 of 5,950
are the lids customizable, like i heard cryo lids really bring out the bass!

Quote:

click for bigger pic

Nov 26, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #477 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That looks like a pretty nice rig. How does it sound?

Not as well as I'd hoped. might switch out the ibuds for some fine tipped pencils to improve detail

Nov 26, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #478 of 5,950
I agree Julie. But i don't care too much. Depending on how many people are in the room, I sometimes pull out my buds if i have them with me (however many people in a room = buds, and many people in a room = loud, so not a great situation!) however most people don't ask, but if they do I say i won them, they are like the ones the bands use on stage, they sound great. Most people are either interested (SQ) or not bothered.

People looked at me more when I rolled up foams, but less so when in situe. Do you not put your hair down to cover them?

Mine look less weird when in the down cable option now I have removed the memory wire and tubing, and less funny with just a thin wire over the ear, but people don't usually see it as my hair covers my ears slightly, and my hair is dark brown, and my Livewires and connectors are (mainly, chipped paint on conns.) black, so they blend in well (see my profile pic. Hair is now slightly thicker around the ears and darker in lower light)

People look at me funnier when I lube em up a bit though
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back