Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jan 5, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #3,946 of 5,950
I like to keep my portable rig... very portable. Haha. I don't think I'd ever carry around an amp.

Haven't been on this forum in years. It's really grown a ton!

Very humble/boring setup...

4248534249_3a581d898d_o.jpg

EDIT: Cowon i9 and Klipsch S4

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #3,948 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you like the combination of the i9 and the S4's?

Sounds *ok* to me. Haven't had any high end headphones for a couple years or more though so I have nothing to compare to. I'll have to do some more listening but I'm not finding the S4's overly detailed. Definitely energetic, which is what I was looking for. I have always found ipods to have a very dry sound characteristic. Very uninvolved.

Honestly, this setup was bought for gym use.

Probably going to be looking for something a bit higher end for when I'm not at the gym... Something with better resolution.

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #3,950 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil_JV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds *ok* to me. Haven't had any high end headphones for a couple years or more though so I have nothing to compare to. I'll have to do some more listening but I'm not finding the S4's overly detailed. Definitely energetic, which is what I was looking for. I have always found ipods to have a very dry sound characteristic. Very uninvolved.

Not sure what you meant by mentioning iPods in your last sentence, but you should definitely try the BBE sound enhancements on the i9. They might make those Klipsch sound better to your ears, especially the ViVA settings. BBE is what sets Cowon players apart from iPods and other players with low quality EQs.

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #3,951 of 5,950
Oops! I meant to add more to that ipod comment. I simply mentioned that to explain my choice of cowon over the ipod.
I've owned a couple and have never really been pleased with the SQ.

I'll be sure to mess around with the BBE settings a bit.

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #3,952 of 5,950
Here's my latest 2 items that I've been enjoying equally.. my brand new TF10-C Fisher Hearing Custom phones, as well as my new this week AD900's. although the AD900's aren't portable, nor would I ever wear them out of the house, they were in the photo and it's 3AM so I don't want to take another atm.

Here's a few shots.
oops way to large, Lets try this again.

Can anyone see what I was watching

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #3,953 of 5,950
That is not true batteries themselves are not a limiting factor at all in a amp as a matter of fact they are sort of a advantage because the power is very clean and you don't have to worry about power conditioners and stuff like that.

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #3,954 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is not true batteries themselves are not a limiting factor at all in a amp as a matter of fact they are sort of a advantage because the power is very clean and you don't have to worry about power conditioners and stuff like that.

indeed and in amps like my FiQuest for example there is as much power available (18v p2p +/-9V) as many home amps are driven by. it may be so with some portables, but they are designed for lighter loads in general anyway, but I have enough juice to power any chip I want pretty much. that and at home it gets driven by 24V p2p +/-12V. now thats the ticket. so in this case its really NOT a limiter at all, my HD600 sound pretty amazing with it actually, not just passable, but really good

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #3,956 of 5,950
your LOD looks better to me

Jan 6, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #3,957 of 5,950
ditto to qusp's comment. that LOD looks pretty good to me. if you end up not using it, i might be willing to buy that off you.

Jan 6, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #3,958 of 5,950
Jan 6, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #3,959 of 5,950
@bik and qusp; thanks guys, but it really isn't all that fantastic. In fact, I made it a year ago, but it was too short.. So I never got to use it, not till now
tongue.gif
I make my own cables only if I really need one( i'm not very good at DIY
frown.gif
) and I think the rsa lod will definitely be a big improvement over this!

@krmanthis; thanks man!
wink_face.gif
it really is a mini marvel! And looks good too, compared to my previous rig
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #3,960 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my latest 2 items that I've been enjoying equally.. my brand new TF10-C Fisher Hearing Custom phones, as well as my new this week AD900's. although the AD900's aren't portable, nor would I ever wear them out of the house, they were in the photo and it's 3AM so I don't want to take another atm.

Here's a few shots.
oops way to large, Lets try this again.

Can anyone see what I was watching

Dane Cook Viscous Circle lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back