Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Oct 5, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #3,406 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Argh...if only this worked on the V2 clip as well
frown.gif

Check back here for the status of v2 targets: SansaAMS < Main < Wiki

Only a matter of time... hell, I just got the ultra-awesome Clip+ and wish I had Rockbox on it.
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #3,407 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only a matter of time... hell, I just got the ultra-awesome Clip+ and wish I had Rockbox on it.
wink.gif

Same here. Glad to see they've added it to the target list. Gapless playback that works 100% of the time and a better EQ would be wonderful.

Nice review on the MBE+, btw.

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #3,409 of 5,950
Quote:

Glad I could help - Rockbox sure makes the Clip a lot more awesome. Amazing audio quality paired with amazing control... can't get much better.
wink.gif

Thanks for the clip rockbox -off to try it now!

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #3,410 of 5,950
^After flashing my 2GB V1, mine just says "firmware not found".....
frown.gif

How does the Clip+ pair with the Westone 3 nyjets28? I'm considering buying a 4GB, then getting a 16GB microSD card when I go overseas later in the year.

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #3,411 of 5,950
Quote:

frown.gif

How does the Clip+ pair with the Westone 3 nyjets28? I'm considering buying a 4GB, then getting a 16GB microSD card when I go overseas later in the year.

mine working fine

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #3,412 of 5,950
Quote:

Check back here for the status of v2 targets: SansaAMS < Main < Wiki

wink.gif

anyway to have a unifont theme for sansa rb? all the unifont theme i have is too big...

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #3,413 of 5,950
Quote:

frown.gif

regular_smile .gif
Reinstall the original firmware (think dkft's forums have the m800.bin file), then move the rockbox files and the dual boot file into the main device folder to reinstall

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #3,414 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by nyjets28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
portable rig: fuze (2gb) + 8gb microSDHC --> custom slim LOD (by pdupiano) --> caffeine --> w3

100_0030.jpg

gym rig: clip+ (4gb) + 8gb microSDHC --> w3/ne-7m (not pictured)

100_0040.jpg

Hi, impressive slim LOD there. Kudos to the fabricator.

However, does it affect or have any impact on your W3/Fuze if the line out does not comes with caps?

Oct 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #3,415 of 5,950
nsx: i couldn't be happier with my w3's. imo, they sound great with anything that i've used. before i had my 3's i actually used some bass boost in my eq with my old clip and PFE's, but now i find no need to EQ anything with my 3's.

cirdec: i haven't noticed any difference between this slim LOD and another one that i had prior. i don't really know much about the makeup of the LODs but i trust pdupiano's work and he said that it shouldn't have any problems working with any DAPs or hp's.

Oct 7, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #3,416 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by nyjets28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cirdec: i haven't noticed any difference between this slim LOD and another one that i had prior. i don't really know much about the makeup of the LODs but i trust pdupiano's work and he said that it shouldn't have any problems working with any DAPs or hp's.

Without caps in the Fuze LOD you might damage your phones, among other issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS
So what is the big deal about coupling / decoupling caps that I'll want to make a second LOD just to put two in? The main reason behind diyLOD v2 is to make sure the LO functions as intended. For both the circuit of Griffin dock and AS3525's datasheet, I find out that caps are indeed part of the original design (as DC filter). So what is the main difference b/w v1 (w/o caps) and v2 (w/ caps) beside how caps affect SQ? The differences lie in noise feedback and DC offset problem. First, with out the caps, sometime you can hear distortion caused by turning the potentiometer (volume pot) on the amp. With the caps, it is all silence. Second, There is a ~1.4V DC offset on the line-out signal. When you set the volume too high on some amp (way beyond safe listening volume), you will notice the volume starts to drop out as the volume is going up. I suspect that is DC/AC issue there since not all amp have input filter to deal with DC offset. The 'evil' about DC offset is, amp with no DC filter will amp the DC voltage (along with the music, which is an AC component) and cause it to become too high. The high voltage can kill your headphone transducer, depends on how high the voltage is and how sensitive the transducer to the voltage. Note, some amp do have DC filter as part of the design (i.e. cmoy, Practical Devices' XM3, etc) and there is no need to add more caps in the LOD.

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #3,417 of 5,950

iPod 5G 30gb, Nokia E71, iPod Touch 3G 32gb --> Etymotic ER4P

Oct 7, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #3,419 of 5,950

Users who are viewing this thread

Back