Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Sep 24, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #3,286 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by nyjets28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i thought the amp3 was a DAP? why is the zune connected to the amp3?

sorry, i don't really know much about it.

Yes it is possible to use the amp3 as an amp and i prefer to do this as it only has 2gbs of internal memory

Quote:

Originally Posted by mierenneuker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too, that's why I dedicated the (failed) artwork to them.
Going to see them live 29th of october

Lucky you i have heard that they have an insane live show

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #3,287 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Attachment 21170

Absolutely "Jaw-Dropping" sound!

Looks damn good!
tongue.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #3,292 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by abellaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes it is possible to use the amp3 as an amp and i prefer to do this as it only has 2gbs of internal memory

Lucky you i have heard that they have an insane live show

My AMP3 had 4GB of internal memory.

Sep 25, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #3,293 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This portable rig sounds good so far, but I think I have to change the internal wiring to oxygen-free solid silver cables to get the last 5% out of it.

_MG_3823-920.jpg

Another FOTM DAP but I bet this sounds better than an Ipod.
L3000.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #3,294 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrazmar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another FOTM DAP but I bet this sounds better than an Ipod.
L3000.gif

Cool pic.

I know the guy who invented the Speak n' Spell - Gene Frantz;
Senior Fellow at Texas Instruments.

He also got them into a new fangled business 30 years ago - called DSP (Digital Signal Processing - e.g. cell phone chips)

Cool guy.

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #3,295 of 5,950
I'm a n00b, only been addicted to the game about a month and a half. Here's my setup.
img67182.jpg

A 3g ipod nano with LOD made by qusp(Cryoparts TWcu L/R Cables, Cardas Silver for ground- Cryoparts mini), Alessandro MS-1i I just reterminated this 20mins ago to 4.5feet with a matching cryoparts mini...it's a pretty bad job(my first retermination), I removed too much cable shielding? had to fix it up with heat shrink. Sounds good tho =D (thanx for the cardas solder qusp)
And the amp is a iBasso D2 Boa.
The paper is some left over canson.

Sorry bout the grainy image..errr....we had a dust storm the other day......
...it fits in my pocket btw...(awaiting RSA shadow)

Sep 25, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #3,296 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My AMP3 had 4GB of internal memory.

i think mine only has 2 but maybe its 4 i will check

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #3,297 of 5,950
Aj-kun, that's quite impressive for someone who's been in this hobby for that short a time. Did you get your MS-1 from headphonic by any chance? I wasn't sure if they were still selling the original MS-1s or MS-1is. Oh and that dust storm, I saw it on the news the other day
tongue.gif
Is it starting to clear up?

Sep 25, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #3,299 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool pic.

I know the guy who invented the Speak n' Spell - Gene Frantz;
Senior Fellow at Texas Instruments.

He also got them into a new fangled business 30 years ago - called DSP (Digital Signal Processing - e.g. cell phone chips)

Cool guy.

Nice... the LPC theory behind the Speak & Spell's voice synthesis is amazingly complex. Quite the feat they've accomplished with the processing power available in that decade.

Sep 25, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #3,300 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by chews89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aj-kun, that's quite impressive for someone who's been in this hobby for that short a time. Did you get your MS-1 from headphonic by any chance? I wasn't sure if they were still selling the original MS-1s or MS-1is. Oh and that dust storm, I saw it on the news the other day
tongue.gif
Is it starting to clear up?

yeh bought it from headphonic...i asked marcus on the forum which one's they had before they sold em to me. i think the non i's look better tho, from an aesthetic point of view, they have nicer proportions.(MY OPINION DONT BEGIN A FLAMEWAR) it's probably not on warranty anymore lol, since i chopped my cable and quarter modded my comfs. everyone in that forum pretty much has a combination of these headphones, ms-1s, ad900, dt250, re0, yes i am stereotyping =D.
yeh the weathers clear for now, it's pretty funny aye, i went to surfers paradise to go to work and pick up a payslip, and there were tourists still at the beach in a dust storm...idiots. theres sposed to be another one in a few days.

and my other portable rig

img6720l.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back