Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Sep 15, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #3,241 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by dippyboy_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@dissembled,

how does the sony X sounds after amping from the hp out? does it gets better other than getting loud?
getting a sony X and amping it for the absolute sq seems to me a cool idea..

It's largely dependent on the phones used. I notice more improvement amping the UM3xs than the AD900s.

Clarity of the UM3xs increases by a bit. I would probably guess that more hungry phones (Phonaks, maybe) will improve a bit further.

If I had to choose, I'd definitely use the X unamped as the SQ differences are marginal with my phones.

I suggest to only get a good amp if either the phones and/or the DAP calls for it.

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #3,243 of 5,950
I'll have to get back to you on that. The AD900s already have a vast soundstage (unamped). Amping it didn't affect the width very much. Just received the phones though so I haven't really had time to note the differences, to be honest.

I sent my UM3xs back to Westone so I can't really compare it now.
I'll update this post once I can do a more indepth comparison of how the AD900 fares.

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #3,244 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by callmevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1 night in brisbane i saw this dude walking in the cold with this black hump on his back.. as he got closer, i realized realized.. qusp! lol yes that rig he posted is not a portable novelty.. he actually brings them around.. in fact that night he brought x4 of whats pasted here..

hehe only just saw these posts, sorry about the tardy replies guys.

it truly was cold that night!! seriously cold. i know I know us Queenslanders dont know the meaning of the word right?? well in the dead of winter here it actually does have the capacity to be freezing and the wind was nasty that night too. especially by the time I eventually found you in my home town
redface.gif
our little minimeet was sweet

Quote:

anyone who finds it 'ok' to lug around a DSLR would have a bag that could easily house those transportables.. i personally bring my lisa / vcap / imod / dt880 in my messenger bag as much as i could
smily_headphones1.gif

my tyhought exactly; there are so many things that people bring with them to work or whatever daily that are at least as big as even my biggest rig.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Graz- what a lovely rig!

agreed!! soon to be even lovelier
wink.gif
i really like that case, not really something I would use myself, but looks really nice and minimal, very cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now that's a quality time anywhere

yeah his tefloin dock sounds really good with the beyers; i'm not usually one for the DT880, but I quite enjoyed checkin them out with the very detailed tefloin dock/Lisa III combo; works well
tongue.gif
I really like hearing how my work ends up being used, puts things in context.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just about every rig I have seen is pretty cool. Qusp, your rig is quite nice. Great pics.

it certainly is man; the JH13 sound has something the D10 doesnt have with that rig. pity I would love to be able to sell some gear, as i'm running low on space on my desk, but I cant bring myself to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rig under construction...just waiting for a new lod from qusp. should be decent once all the pieces are in place.
the pieces: 32gb touch > lod > sr71 > ue11-pro
gotta say, attaching a touch to an amp (especially one with a significant front faceplate lip like the sr71) isn't exactly trivial. had ideas kickin' for a few days & tried a few things...finally ended up with what's shown below. i think it's gonna work out...tight & secure with nothing strapped over the top of the player. (mm...sorry in advance for splashin' so many pix)

[IG]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3261/96265338.jpg[/IMG]
[MG]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8862/10583814.jpg[/IMG]
23669309.jpg

[IG]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2469/61731838.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5664/45949301.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3937/67435842.jpg[/IMG]

Peace,

Graz

should match the black rig really nicely Mark; nice rig. I see what you mean about the faceplate though; looks a little awkward in that regard, but looks like you've figured out how to get around it. touch-screen rigs do present some issues when it comes to amping though. the only way is double sided tape or velcro tape really

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #3,245 of 5,950
DSC.jpg

DSCF01JPG.jpg
DSCF0136.jpg
DSCFjjjjj6.jpg

I use 4------- Ya gotta laugh at the blue snake-skin with the blue mini. I know .....But I love my set ups, even the Bose with the 30gig video.

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #3,246 of 5,950
2x

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #3,249 of 5,950
Seeing double.

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #3,250 of 5,950
jc, what color/material did you choose for your UM56s? Might want to pick up a similar configuration. Looks nice.

Sep 19, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #3,252 of 5,950
Oh shows up as mostly black/clear in my screen with a tinge of blue. What color option would (slightly) black/clear be for the whole thing?

Thanks.

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #3,253 of 5,950
Anyone reccomend a nice iPod Video skin?

Polished the iPod (cheap on eBay) with Brasso, and it looks pretty smart now!
biggrin.gif

Could do with some less abrasive polish (maybe Silvo) to finish though, then slap the Best Skin Ever on (when it arrives) and it'll hide any scratches, as they do, and protect it from the finger prints and scratches (Belkin case has marked/scuffed the back over the years I think, so now polished, want to keep it smart) - then slip it into a silicone skin, or the Belkin leather flip top case it came with if I want, or I can stick it my pocket uncased with keys and coins and not worry!
evil_smiley.gif

Ahhh wish i'd moved to iTunes + iPod uber simplicity months ago! SQ isn't too bad, but not as good as the Cowon though. Don't use it as much anymore though, and spending time organising music is a waste. iTunes is my grail!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back