Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Apr 22, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #2,416 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That they don't ship overseas for orders less than $50USD.....

You should be able to get those without ordering from overseas, don't you think? I mean I've never been to australia, but these are just cheap standard headphone bands that come on those generic non-music headsets that seem to be ubiquitous just about everywhere.

Before I had ordered mine from parts express, I found an old pair in my parents' garage from like 20 years ago, complete with grungy orange foam ear pads. It was the same exact headband as the one on the phones from parts express!
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #2,417 of 5,950
Couple setups I currently use, dependent on the type of music I'll be listening too...
grado325.jpg

d10cobra.jpg

d10cobrasize.jpg

Size comparison to the air... shyt isn't so portable no more... especially when i keep it in the back pocket of my jeans... huge as copper interconnect just sticks right out...

Apr 22, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #2,418 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dchenlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Couple setups I currently use, dependent on the type of music I'll be listening too...
grado325.jpg

d10cobra.jpg

d10cobrasize.jpg

Size comparison to the air... shyt isn't so portable no more... especially when i keep it in the back pocket of my jeans... huge as copper interconnect just sticks right out...

Those grados and the macbook setup look slick. I think the HD600s are ugly as sin though -- which is unfortunate since I just ordered a pair.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #2,419 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That they don't ship overseas for orders less than $50USD.....

You could try and ask this seller if he'll ship'em overseas

Don't pay to much for them though. The clamping force is really weak and brings no bass improvements. If you want something "better" try to get fake px200/100 for cheap (unless you've got some ideologic problems dealing with counterfeit uncle ****ers and prolly funding some lame ass terrorist group
rolleyes.gif
), throw their drivers to the nearest trash can and perform the Kossheiser mod. It's not that hard and sounds great.

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #2,422 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
xm4! great little amp. first time i opamp rolled was on that little badboy. hope you enjoy it and nice rig... diy lod?

Yeah, its a DIY lod, that I won in a head-fi give away and just now finally getting to take advantage of the LOD. This is also my first experience with any sort of amp and I was surprised by how small the amp was.

It has the stock opamp though, I'm thinking about upgrading but not sure.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #2,423 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, its a DIY lod, that I won in a head-fi give away and just now finally getting to take advantage of the LOD. This is also my first experience with any sort of amp and I was surprised by how small the amp was.

It has the stock opamp though, I'm thinking about upgrading but not sure.

what kind of headphones are you using with them? the ad8620 opamp is superior to the stock opamp in the xm4 but can warm up things quite a bit so i wouldn't pair them with warm cans like the sennheiser ie8s unless you're a basshead. HiFlight has an amazing selection of opamps if you ever what to experiment. i just ordered a few from him the other day.

Apr 23, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #2,424 of 5,950
Mine is iPod with IE7 ....goin out without D2 Boa these days.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #2,425 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So basically if your source is good you do not need it?

not completely true; and in this case the amp is good, not the source. but there are a number of really amazing amps that will hiss with very sensitive headphones; thats just the way it is; some powerful sources or opamps that put out a lot of current will hiss no matter how good the source is.

for instance my Lisa III hisses when used H120->D10->Lisa III->IEMs, so I made an impedence adapter cable with a female mini and male 1/4" for the lisa so I can use IEms with no hiss and I use IEMs with my lisa often; the hiss wasnt bad, but still nice to not have it; with full size headphones or harder to drive portables it is silent as a mouse.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #2,426 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those grados and the macbook setup look slick. I think the HD600s are ugly as sin though -- which is unfortunate since I just ordered a pair.
tongue_smile.gif

true that; I have always wondered what the hell they were smoking when they decided that marble/ish yeerrrky surface on the frame was a good idea.

I too am just about to order some though, but that will be the first thing to go.

nsx_23: go check out crazy clarks or tandy or whatever the $2 shops are called in victoria before you go ordering from OS. likely you will find a headband on some headphones that cost almost nothing. you might even try vinnies

Apr 23, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #2,427 of 5,950
Not the best, but much improved since joining Head-fi...

rig3.jpg

rig5.jpg

w/o flash

rig1.jpg

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #2,428 of 5,950
That interconnect looks chromed! :O

It's looks sick, i love the look of A-T 'phones aswell, so minimalistic.

xx

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #2,429 of 5,950
That interconnect looks chromed! :O

It's looks sick, i love the look of A-T 'phones aswell, so minimalistic.

xx

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #2,430 of 5,950
Hi, everybody!

I am a newbie here. long time looker and first time poster.

I have learn so much from you guys. and bought me some entry gears. As you can read my qualification, I'm just a "Junior Head-Fi'er" and by posting the pictures of my rigs (compare to yours), i feel like coming in a gun fight with a knife.

Nevertheless, here are some pictures of my "knifes".

For the street: iPod Classic 160 GB, FiiO E5 Port. Amp., CrossRoads MylarOne Bijou 3 earphones and Golden Gun LOD

-----------
3469335106_f2c68fa239_o.jpg

-----------
3468522557_998b9c1a9f_o.jpg

-----------

And for the bedroom: Nano 2nd Gen., FiiO E3 Port. Amp., AKG K 324 P, Apple's Ipod Dock connected to a Logitech X-210 thru the FiiO

-----------
3469335274_c9f5c58a49_o.jpg

-----------
3468522367_30b8e1c290_o.jpg

-----------

An Ultra Low Profile LOD (From EFN) should be arriving soon. And I am saving like crazy for some serious Amps and Earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back