Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Mar 27, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #2,266 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You really need to use something better than those buds to hear what your ipod and XM4 are putting out. That is a serious weak link in an otherwise cool set up.

for sure SpudHarris! i have an old pair of HD 590, PX200s and my new ath-m50s but i am still looking for a good pair of truly portable earbuds as my ears get sore using inner ear headphones... i hear yuin makes nice ones but have not been able to find any here in zurich to try out.

any suggestions?

Mar 27, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #2,267 of 5,950
I never use buds, but I do believe that Yuin makes the best available in that style. PX200's aren't bad though and still portable. I sometimes use igrados but if I'm truthfull I didn't have them when I had the XM4 so not sure if they were suited.

In ears are really the way to go, have you got sensitive ears or do you think you may not have got a suitable fit with the ones you tried? Most types now come with real soft silicon tips which may well suit.

Mar 27, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #2,268 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
holy crap. I didn't realize that phone was out yet. That's a lot of money.

Sadly I would have gotten some custom IEMs, and paired it with a crappy Sansa Clip.

its been out long.

ya its a premium phone..but i got it for half the price under a promotion for my plan .

hmm..been thinkin about Customs..but i doubt they can give the impact of Dynamic IEMs...impact is what i love for daily commute usage.

Mar 27, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #2,269 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
holy crap. I didn't realize that phone was out yet. That's a lot of money.

Sadly I would have gotten some custom IEMs, and paired it with a crappy Sansa Clip.

crappy + Sansa Clip + same sentence = does not compute

Mar 27, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #2,270 of 5,950
Recabled my Sony's today looks awesome shame they don't work anymore. LOL

Mar 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #2,271 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
crappy + Sansa Clip + same sentence = does not compute

Agreed. The clip may be cheap in more ways than one, but it's the best SQ for the dollar, in my opinion.

Mar 28, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #2,272 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never use buds, but I do believe that Yuin makes the best available in that style. PX200's aren't bad though and still portable. I sometimes use igrados but if I'm truthfull I didn't have them when I had the XM4 so not sure if they were suited.

In ears are really the way to go, have you got sensitive ears or do you think you may not have got a suitable fit with the ones you tried? Most types now come with real soft silicon tips which may well suit.

You'll be surprised at how good the Yuins sound, so long as you get a good seal. I'm a TF10 user and was shocked at how competitive the Yuins were. Buy my ears are not made for buds :)

Mar 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #2,273 of 5,950
My little portable rig....
index.php

index.php

Mar 28, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #2,277 of 5,950
The gold A820 was the one that attracted me too upon it's release. But then I found out that they only came in 4gb capacity and if I wanted a different capacity I'd have to live with black/pink/white etc. Such a shame since the gold is GORGEOUS.

Mar 28, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #2,280 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyazaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The gold A820 was the one that attracted me too upon it's release. But then I found out that they only came in 4gb capacity and if I wanted a different capacity I'd have to live with black/pink/white etc. Such a shame since the gold is GORGEOUS.

My Sony is A828, so it has 8GB, but I live in Europe. On the other hand, we don't have here the white version of A820 at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back