Mar 18, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #2,176 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
still need a wheelbarrow just for the cable though xD

Cheeky
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #2,179 of 5,950
Well, they are better than I expected, and originally thought. The highs are quite scratchy/tinny at the top top end, but the bass is not a muddy messy layer/film, quite detailed and very deep, especially when you push on the cups too. They sound better amped through the (bassyish) Tomahawk surprisingly (does'nt kill highs/muddy/overrun them with bass) and the D2 BBE (especially the D2+'s BBE+) they are even better (4 BBE,4 M3B.......)

With a little light headband bending, and getting the headband not too loose (there is a sweet spot for me) I can hear a difference. They are a bit tighter and better sounding now, but not perfect. If you wear them the wrong way round though (how I did before I found L and R) the cups don't turn in (only turn one way) and have no bass detail at all, awful. Even when fitted right I still hate the tinny highs though... Anyone think of some mods?

Anyway, if they are fakes they sound better than I expected originals to sound!

Oh, and never take the pads off if you don't have to! I did to see which way the lines on the driver went (fake vs. original. eBay auction says they are real, but I wouldn't be so sure, he may be trying to prove his are real?)

Matt

Mar 19, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #2,182 of 5,950
my simple portable setup. i lost my lod so i am forced to go this route. anyone know where i could get a cheap decent one?

P1330726.JPG

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #2,184 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by eam88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my simple portable setup. i lost my lod so i am forced to go this route. anyone know where i could get a cheap decent one?

P1330726.JPG

Nice setup, and very nice picture. You can get an LOD (and Interconnect if you need one) for a pretty good price from the iBasso website.

Mar 19, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #2,186 of 5,950
got my iHP120, so been playing around with analogue line-out until I finish my gamma1 and get my D10

iHP120 with pico and SE530

iHP120-19AWGcryosilvermini2mini-pic.jpg
iHP120wpicolowrez.jpg

iHP120 with Lisa III and W3 missing my UM56 badly sending them off for a refit AGAIN
. the first time was to try and adjust them; this time I got new impressions

wickedlisacartoon.jpg
iHP120-piccolinowithsilverbullets-L.jpg

and last but not least my transportable rig

DIYMOD-teflondock-LisaIIIXP-woodyD2.jpg

Mar 19, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #2,188 of 5,950
They are removable but as they are molded to the shape of the HP body they are not really suitable for other phones. You could probably use them but they wouldn't sit properly in the mold.

I used to use my q-jays in my SE530 custom molds.

Mar 19, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #2,190 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by eam88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_M77TTLrUOXM/Sc...0/P1330726.JPG

Simple, yes. But it looks nice, and I am sure it makes you happy!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back