Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Mar 31, 2005 at 1:39 PM Post #286 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid-A
The Zen Touch has it all as a player, gapless playback, great OTF playlisting, Great sound quality, easy to use menus. Especially if u set touch sensitivity to high. It makes smaller steps easier.

Agreed, but one thing that I don't like about the Zen Touch is its 4-band EQ. Its plain and simple a very poor attempt by creative to add some sort of music enhancement. If you adjusts the bands they seem to change the sound of the music rather than enhance it, its really weird and doesn't work like most other EQs i've used in the past. The sound also changes itself over time, the treble some how magically increases!

Turning the EQ off works fine, but I find that it lacks enough bass impact for general outdoor use.

Apr 3, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #287 of 1,335
Here they are,

portables.jpg

Ok maybe only half of it. What missing is the car battery and portable orpheus rig
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #289 of 1,335
Is that a mini-XLR cable to use the K1000's with that portable amp?!!!
k1000smile.gif

Apr 3, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #290 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
Ian, you are the Batman of Head-Fi !
icon10.gif

who?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Is that a mini-XLR cable to use the K1000's with that portable amp?!!!
k1000smile.gif

Nope. That's a 1/4" to 1/8" plug. I was using SA5000 to test the quality of some of these amps.

Apr 7, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #291 of 1,335
Well, here is my portable rig. Still looking for the right case, and currently just use a blue rubber band to hold the 2 pieces together. The amp has 2 smal;l strips of mylar with adhesive backing stuck to it to keep it from scrathing the ipod.

ipod.jpg

Apr 8, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #293 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrobenoob
altoidstin2xc.jpg

dun dun dun... nowhere near as advanced / complicated as some players here... but heres mine :p

comments welcome
biggrin.gif

whoa, that's sik! better than the zen micro IMO
basshead.gif
!!!!!

Apr 8, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #294 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Here they are,

portables.jpg

Ok maybe only half of it. What missing is the car battery and portable orpheus rig
biggrin.gif

[size=medium]Hey Lan! You forgot the SA5000 .... Duhhhh.[/size]

[size=x-small][and the DAC1 which, along with your SA5000, I'm currently treating like transportables -- experimental office setup, actually!][/size]
[size=medium]
eek.gif
[/size]
[size=x-small]{pics to come}[/size]

(Of course the 9amps, 1 iPod, 1 SikDin, 1 1/4-to-1/8 Zu Pivot adapter, 1 VAC-1 PS, 1 Sony Screaming Yellow sport phones, 4 cables, 1 ELPAC 24VDC PS, 1 CIAudio 12V PS, 1 K501...... the shadow knows)
tongue.gif

Apr 8, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #297 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by sabesh
Just stumbled upon this thread after a Google search for earphones .. So, my first post here. OK, I don't have a fancy setup, but a simple one (phone/PDA/MP3 player in the i-Mate JAM and Sennheiser MX-550 earphones) .. I'm actually looking for the Xin SuperMicro. If anyone has one for sale, please PM me
orphsmile.gif

Jam042.jpg

love the pda case, who makes it?

Apr 10, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #300 of 1,335
Here is my Karma in her Skin, not pretty but works great!

my_karma.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back