Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Mar 30, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #271 of 1,335
^ Totally off topic, I live in Madison Heights, mere blocks from Royal Oak. It's a small internet after all.

Mar 30, 2005 at 7:27 PM Post #272 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
i have the e2c, er6i and the md33 as well. they are considered the more popular low-mid range canalphones around here. out of the lot, i like md33 the most, followed by ex81, then the er6i and lastly the e2c. the md33 has microphonics and the joint with the extension cable puts too much weight on the phones and i have to use a shirt clip, which is a tad inconvenient. the ex81 sounds bright and has no microphonics due to the earhook design. it is my current squeeze now.
biggrin.gif
the er6i has major microphonics and requires very good fit to get bass. it also gets uncomfortable with long use due to the deep insertion. the e2c sound muddy and has poor high end.
cool.gif

Hey thanks for the explanation. I think I will subside with the ex81s soon. It's Sony's probably the only in-ear cans that's available here (retail stores in Canada). Well I love the design because I hated earbuds because they fell out so easily, and now with these I can enjoy my music continuously without pushing in my phones.
Thanks and Cheers,

Mar 30, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #277 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
Kid-A,

Do you not find that your Zen Touch is too fat as it is anyway? OK, its not gigantic, but its pretty much the 'brick' of modern HD-DAPs.

Im sure he knows its not exactly tiny. its chunky and heavy but the brick award goes to the xtra, you could build a house with mortar and xtra's if you wanted to.

Mar 31, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #278 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
Im sure he knows its not exactly tiny. its chunky and heavy but the brick award goes to the xtra, you could build a house with mortar and xtra's if you wanted to.

lol...I agree w/ that statement 100%.

Mar 31, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #279 of 1,335
Just stumbled upon this thread after a Google search for earphones .. So, my first post here. OK, I don't have a fancy setup, but a simple one (phone/PDA/MP3 player in the i-Mate JAM and Sennheiser MX-550 earphones) .. I'm actually looking for the Xin SuperMicro. If anyone has one for sale, please PM me
orphsmile.gif

Jam042.jpg

Mar 31, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #280 of 1,335
Very classy.

Mar 31, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #283 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Karma + Yuengling Lager = teh win

Where did you get that yuengling poster?? I must have that

Mar 31, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #284 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
Where did you get that yuengling poster?? I must have that

I stole it from my friends house, who probably stole it from a bar
rolleyes.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 10:05 AM Post #285 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
Kid-A,

Do you not find that your Zen Touch is too fat as it is anyway? OK, its not gigantic, but its pretty much the 'brick' of modern HD-DAPs.

Yes, the case does add quite a bit of bulk, but it's a very good quality case and I would sacrifice a bit of extra bulk to protect the zen touch, it's a very underrated player.

My mum has a noreve.com case for her Gmini xs200 as well, and it is excellent.

The Zen Touch has it all as a player, gapless playback, great OTF playlisting, Great sound quality, easy to use menus. Especially if u set touch sensitivity to high. It makes smaller steps easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back