Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Apr 10, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #301 of 1,335
Just got my ipod mini. I am new to the portable scene. Tried the ipod phones for all about 30 secs. Don't want to get an amp for it, so I did this instead. Much better
rs1smile.gif

15998ipod_ps-1.JPG

Apr 10, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #302 of 1,335
It takes a lot to overcome the stress of advertising design!
(Yes, these all fit in my briefcase ... ok, DAC1 needs a separate bag.)

Below [all great in different ways]: desktop lab -- below: SA5000 (Lan's) - AKG K501 - SR-71 - Portaphile V2 - DAC1 (Lan's) - Sonica USB (Lan-BG mod) - iPod 4G 40GB (8.9 days of Lossless & AAC320) - Silver Dragon & Zu Pivot ICs - Zu Pivot 1/4-to-1/8 adapter (hiding somewhere)
Color pamphlet: "free for all" at Town Hall (great classical concerts FREE in NYC, 5 Sundays April 17-June 26!!! Just stand in line before 12noon day of concert.
See info at: Free for All at Town Hall

Tall-All2_1344.jpg

Below: Same stuff, up close.

DAC1Son71PV2SA5K501_1395b.jpg

Below: Listening Fatigue! Everything sounds the same -- all grungy (audioactive)

AmpsPensWideSolar1_1351c.jpg

Below: golden sunset - Ahhhh... end of day.

Amps-Gold-Dark_1371b.jpg

Apr 10, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #303 of 1,335
am I the only one who thinks the mrobe 100 is just a ugly version of the zen micro I don't like that red light

the psp doesn't sound like much of a mp3 player maybe ok for games

Apr 10, 2005 at 11:27 PM Post #305 of 1,335
I have a Zen Micro. I actully like the Red Light, but its actually like the only thing I like about the mrobe. And the placement of the headphone must feel weird in a pocket. O and I just noticed on the picture you placed the headphone jack in the normal place. LOL
icon10.gif

Apr 11, 2005 at 12:46 PM Post #306 of 1,335
I personally love the looks of the mrobe... best looking DAP on the market in my opinion.

Apr 12, 2005 at 12:43 AM Post #310 of 1,335
I guess I am...
frown.gif

I don't think the zen is metrosexual say that too much you might be in for a treat on this board.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 12, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #312 of 1,335
Here's my rig:

Click to enlarge.

That case for my Sensas is an Oakley watch case - anyone looking for a hard case for either the Sensas or the UE-10/5 Pro might want to check it out - it's a great little case with plenty of room for custom IEMs (as opposed to the Shure case, which is a bit cramped) ... Also, the case for my SuperMacro is a Sony earbud pouch. A perfect fit for those little Hammond extruded aluminum cases that Xin uses.

Come to think of it, I spend a ridiculous amount of money on cases. Cases for my iPods (I have about five or six laying around), cases for headphones, cases for amps, cases for sunglasses, and then of course bags to carry everything around in ... wow. My case collection is ridiculous.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 12, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #314 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavis
Here's my rig:

Click to enlarge.

Great set-up Mavis. I've got all the same things. You may wanna think about the new SiK RAM Din tho. I know the earcandy mini-mini is lovely 'n all but now it's seems an unessessary link in the chain.

ZT

Apr 12, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #315 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackT
Great set-up Mavis. I've got all the same things. You may wanna think about the new SiK RAM Din tho. I know the earcandy mini-mini is lovely 'n all but now it's seems an unessessary link in the chain.

ZT

Thanks man.

Yeah, I've been waiting for the new Din to come out, as much as I like the EarCandy I think it's rather ill-suited for portable use - those SwitchCraft connectors are MASSIVE - it is really a pain to use that cable in a small bag, the right-angle mini keeps on getting unplugged from the amp, which can't be good for the jack ... The new Din will simplify things greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back