Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Apr 12, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #316 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavis
Here's my rig:

Click to enlarge.

That case for my Sensas is an Oakley watch case - anyone looking for a hard case for either the Sensas or the UE-10/5 Pro might want to check it out - it's a great little case with plenty of room for custom IEMs (as opposed to the Shure case, which is a bit cramped) ... Also, the case for my SuperMacro is a Sony earbud pouch. A perfect fit for those little Hammond extruded aluminum cases that Xin uses.

Come to think of it, I spend a ridiculous amount of money on cases. Cases for my iPods (I have about five or six laying around), cases for headphones, cases for amps, cases for sunglasses, and then of course bags to carry everything around in ... wow. My case collection is ridiculous.
rolleyes.gif

That's an awesome rig, Mavis.

Apr 14, 2005 at 6:50 PM Post #319 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by pelican
im surprised your muvo could drive such large headphone without an amp
confused.gif

As it happens, the post below yours is the perfect thing to mention:

Porta Pro: 60 ohms impedance, 101db/SPL
Qualia: 70 ohms impedance, 100db/SPL
NW-HD3: 5mw/channel
Muvo: 7mw/channel

It works out to about the same. In fact, because the Qualia are slightly more semi-closed what I hear might be louder than the Portapro! The Muvo is 'borderline' though. The NW-HD3 doesn't power the Qualia well. I don't actually use the Muvo with the Q010 all that often... but I can. Right now it's more likely to be the Rio Karma, although I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the 5G iPod.

Apr 15, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #320 of 1,335
Went on holiday to Hong Kong and picked up a leather case for HK$30 (just over £2). Fits the HD3 perfectly if you have the remote plug.

1.jpg
2.jpg

well protected, this survived falls a plenty! Also picked up some earcups for just over £10, just for looks really, retractable cable is useful.

3.jpg

a snug fit.

4.jpg
5.jpg

annoying places to put the remote. cable can be wrapped around the flap so it doesn't obstruct the belt clip.

Apr 16, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #322 of 1,335
I don't know how anyone can call a +amp setup portable, lol. That's like calling the old suitcase computers "laptops".

:nudge: :nudge: how many of you remember suitcase computers...cmon. we know you're that old.
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #323 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by unitnumber43
I don't know how anyone can call a +amp setup portable, lol. That's like calling the old suitcase computers "laptops".

:nudge: :nudge: how many of you remember suitcase computers...cmon. we know you're that old.
wink.gif

It's called a "bag."
wink.gif

Seriously, I listen to my +amp rig walking down the street/on the bus/at work all the time! I'd most definately call that portable.

Apr 16, 2005 at 4:41 AM Post #325 of 1,335

Thumbnailed for your protection, Imageshack ate my baby.

She's D-NE20, she's silver (close to platnium), and so far, she sounds slightly better than D-NE900. And better looking.

No, I don't use the earbuds, but I include it in the picture for comparison's sake.

And she's MZ-NH1. I think we all know her traits and such.

Apr 16, 2005 at 3:40 PM Post #326 of 1,335
Brothers in arms.
P4160078.JPG

Apr 16, 2005 at 3:47 PM Post #327 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz
my humble rig...
ihp-120=>optical mini-to-toslink=>headroom overture=>cardas mini-to-mini=>sr-71=>hd 25-1

Peace,

Graz

Nice rig!
icon10.gif
What cable upgrade do you have to the HD25-1?

Best,

-Jason

Apr 16, 2005 at 4:06 PM Post #328 of 1,335
Nice rig Graz!
cool.gif

I think you may be severely limiting yourself using Sennheiser HD25-1's with that rig though...

Apr 16, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #329 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Damage

Thumbnailed for your protection, Imageshack ate my baby.

She's D-NE20, she's silver (close to platnium), and so far, she sounds slightly better than D-NE900. And better looking.

No, I don't use the earbuds, but I include it in the picture for comparison's sake.

And she's MZ-NH1. I think we all know her traits and such.

How thin is the D-NE20 actually? Photos I've seen all make it look like it is just barely thicker than the CD itself. True?

Apr 16, 2005 at 4:17 PM Post #330 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
q010-muvos.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
15998ipod_ps-1.JPG

bangraman --

Is that the Moon Audio Black Dragon upgrade cable?
Your cable looks different than those that I have seen.
How long is the one pictured? It looks AWFULLY short...

GoRedWings --

I assuming that you do not have money to buy an amplifier?
biggrin.gif

You do not want the power-starved PS-1 to ruin your "Doom" setup.
And, by the way, I am a huge fan of your new GoPinkWings" alias.
wink.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both of your portable rigs make me sick to my stomach.
eek.gif

When you have a portable headphone that belongs in a home setup...

You KNOW that you have a problem... :p

Just kidding, guys -- your rigs probably sound great!

BANGPOD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back