Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Mar 26, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #241 of 1,335
that gigabeat looks awesome! but how come it looks so different from the gigabeat on amazon's page? ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...583338-8447369 )

the h looks really nice. do you have any software problems with it? i heard that it was super buggy
confused.gif

Mar 27, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #244 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev
that gigabeat looks awesome! but how come it looks so different from the gigabeat on amazon's page? ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...583338-8447369 )

the h looks really nice. do you have any software problems with it? i heard that it was super buggy
confused.gif

I don't have any problems with mine. It's not that buggy, but some were, but now the new v2.00 firmware fixed it.
Actually, the pictures of the Gigabeat on the Amazon website are the ones in CeBit, and I have no idea how different they are.

Mar 27, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #245 of 1,335
Haven't seen anyone post one of these in awhile-
My Portable Rig=Zen Xtra + Koss KTXPro1
Crapola pic alert.

Mar 28, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #250 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev
that's a killer-looking setup you got there podo. so many wires...
orphsmile.gif

Luckily I don't use the iRiver's remote, wall wort or the Coda's brick power supply if I really go portable, then a few of the wires dissapear.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 5:31 PM Post #252 of 1,335
Nice setup there DigiDub. I was going to go for the black EX81s just to be safe, but thougt they'd look cooler in white with my zen.

I wonder how they sound with the HD3 because from what i've heard the european sony HD players don't arn't very loud and the EX81s have a lower than average volume output.

Mar 28, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #253 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
I wonder how they sound with the HD3 because from what i've heard the european sony HD players don't arn't very loud and the EX81s have a lower than average volume output.

A quick service menu hack will take care of that on the HD3. At least that is what some owners claim. (Very doable on euro MD units)

As for the G40 gigabeat, it is an outstanding deal compared to the G22 (20 more gigs for 30 bucks), but it is 3mm thicker
frown.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 7:32 PM Post #254 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by t10
PrototypeX2, is yours gapless by any chance when you set it to 'play folder'? Mine is really wierd, it is gapless, 3/4th of the time, and the other quarter, there would be a small crack, or a full 1 second pause.

Sorry for the late response.
I'm not sure about what you mean by "play folder", and my H10 doesn't feel like a gapless player at all. On mine, there is always a small pause (maybe 0.5 sec to 2). However I don't mind them...

Hey DigDub, how does your ex-81 sound? I may pick one up, and I gotta see some more reviews on it before I choose.
Do you have any other cans?
How do they compare?
Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back