Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
Mar 23, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #226 of 1,335
Portable, and sitting on a drum
smily_headphones1.gif

portable.jpg

Mar 23, 2005 at 11:12 PM Post #227 of 1,335
are those shure tips? i think you may have mixed up the mod, your supposed to take the tips of those headphones and put them on the shures...

just kidding, nice and sleek,
tongue.gif
very portable

Mar 24, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #230 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith
Sorry, but I don't think most merchants accept illegible pictures of credit cards for payment
tongue.gif
wink.gif

how about online purchases?
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #231 of 1,335
zentouchex813vp.jpg

Zen Touch + Sony MDR-EX81. Goodish sound in general but great for portable listening as it provides just the right amount of bass and isolation. That said I'd replace it for a Rio Karma + Westone UM2 any day
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #232 of 1,335
Very nice titanium. How are the ex81's compared to the ex71s?
Off topic, how do you get such a great photo? It looks very professional, far more so than say my pic above. Is yours a digital camera too?

Mar 26, 2005 at 3:25 PM Post #233 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRuM
Very nice titanium. How are the ex81's compared to the ex71s?
Off topic, how do you get such a great photo? It looks very professional, far more so than say my pic above. Is yours a digital camera too?

In terms of sound, the EX81s sound almost the same as the EX71s. The bass is just as deep, but its more controlled and balanced (good thing). The mids are a bit more prevalent, but it still sounds slightly congested. The highs sound good, but do sound a bit too harsh; that said, the same thing was said of the EX71s when I first got them, but after a few weeks of use everything smoothened out. So far the EX81s seem to be sounding better everyday.

They are comfortable, but you do need to use them for a few days in order to get accustomed to the design. Sadly the over-ear hook is a bit too big for me and just floats over the top of my ears; it still fits fine and has the added benefit of not intefering with my specs.

BTW, I only used a old sony 3.2MP cybershot to take the pictures. I simply used a tripod and low shutter speed. Honestly, I think I just got lucky that time as the afternoon sunlight was entering my bedroom just perfectly.

Mar 26, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #235 of 1,335
Nice setup. Are those Audio Technica? If so, how do they sound?

Mar 26, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #237 of 1,335
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
Wow, how small is that gigabeat? Looks as small as a modern mindisc player.

These should answer it ;p
http://www.vassek.net/gigabeat/giga18.jpg
http://www.vassek.net/gigabeat/giga14.jpg
http://www.vassek.net/gigabeat/giga16.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ e
Nice setup. Are those Audio Technica? If so, how do they sound?

Yeah they are the CM5's. The bass is slightly too tight for my liking, I prefer the lower grade, muddy "ooomph", but, for some reason they grow on you real fast, seems I cannot go back to my muddy buds anymore.

Also the mids are not as pronounced, making the soundstage feel like it is hapenning in the back of your head. Oh, and they are not for small ears.
All in all, I disliked them the first time I heard them, but after a week I really like them, but am eyeing the CM7's already hehehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back