Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Feb 4, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #275 of 1,119
  Famous last words! I'm really curious about those shures, how do they stack against the S400s? 

Hey man, yeah I'm finally having some peace of mind :)

The Shures are completely different from the S400s actually. S400s are what I mainly use on the go, and sonically they don't stack up against the Shures much. They're more fun though, and have a lot of bass quantity and boom (not bloated though) than the Shures.

If you're gonna go the Shure way in the future I'd suggest getting atleast the SRH840. The SRH440 may leave you wanting more. But my ears have adjusted to it.

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #276 of 1,119

Hey man, yeah I'm finally having some peace of mind :)

The Shures are completely different from the S400s actually. S400s are what I mainly use on the go, and sonically they don't stack up against the Shures much. They're more fun though, and have a lot of bass quantity and boom (not bloated though) than the Shures.

If you're gonna go the Shure way in the future I'd suggest getting at least the SRH840. The SRH440 may leave you wanting more. But my ears have adjusted to it.

I was looking at the 1540s, but if I was to go for something like that I'd be saving a long time. The 840s look pretty solid. Trying to decide what I want is proving difficult :frowning2: 

Feb 4, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #277 of 1,119
I was looking at the 1540s, but if I was to go for something like that I'd be saving a long time. The 840s look pretty solid. Trying to decide what I want is proving difficult :frowning2: 

Funny how this hobby does that to you…

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #278 of 1,119

The 1540s seem epic to me (although I haven't tried them on). Can you go to a Shure vendor and try them on? That way it'd be easier to compare and decide what to buy. SRH840, SRH940, SRH1540 - these are the three closed back cans you've gotta try from Shure.

Feb 5, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #280 of 1,119
  As far as I know, there are none in Ireland :frowning2:

Ah, tough luck. If it's any consolation, there are none in Bangladesh either. Had to buy my SRH440 blindly (through a local importer who doesn't let people test stuff), thankfully it sounded awesome. But I wouldn't gamble like that if I was buying something as expensive as the SRH1540 :3

Feb 5, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #281 of 1,119

Ah, tough luck. If it's any consolation, there are none in Bangladesh either. Had to buy my SRH440 blindly (through a local importer who doesn't let people test stuff), thankfully it sounded awesome. But I wouldn't gamble like that if I was buying something as expensive as the SRH1540 :3

Everything I've bought thus far has been blind :3 Bar reading about them I never get to try before I buy!

Feb 5, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #282 of 1,119
Everything I've bought thus far has been blind :3 Bar reading about them I never get to try before I buy!
And welcome to the Canadian East Coast... :D

Feb 5, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #283 of 1,119
really fortunate that i can always drop by Jaben and Stereo! well known audio stores that let's you audition their items for hours at end!
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #284 of 1,119
And welcome to the Canadian East Coast...
biggrin.gif

I know the feels! Thankfully nearly everything I've purchased has been suitable! Also been able to shift the stuff I thought I didn't want(biggest mistake)
  really fortunate that i can always drop by Jaben and Stereo! well known audio stores that let's you audition their items for hours at end!
biggrin.gif

Well for some
frown.gif
 I wish I could give everything I was considering a go so I could decide, I just have to rely on reviewers who's opinions on stuff I've bought matches how I feel about the headphone/IEM 
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back