Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Jan 18, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #256 of 1,119

Ah, yeah I hope they work out for you. Just switched between the Shures and S400s (unfair comparison I know), you're right. It does sound like the instruments are all on top of each other.

I'll have TrollDragon's and Achmedisdead's inputs as well on the S500s though :3

I'm really eyeing up a set of Shures, probably the 940s or those new 1440s. To be honest, I've to many options at hand and when I come close to buying I always drop off and end up stuck with what I have  
rolleyes.gif
 I just need something better, I'm sorry for my own wallet. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #257 of 1,119

I'm really eyeing up a set of Shures, probably the 940s or those new 1440s. To be honest, I've to many options at hand and when I come close to buying I always drop off and end up stuck with what I have  
rolleyes.gif
 I just need something better, I'm sorry for my own wallet. 

haha, remember I was saying on the other thread that I'd be jumping on the Beyerdynamic bandwagon later this year? Turns out I'm keeping my Shures and giving them some more time, it hasn't even been a year since I've got them lol. Ordered some 940 pads for it though for the comfort. I do love the Shure house sound.

If you can, can you please get the SRH1540s? They just look so darn good
rolleyes.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #258 of 1,119
I pondered the 940's for a bit, but there was something about build quality that bothered me so I went with the Indestructible GMP 8.300D's.

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #259 of 1,119
  Took this a few days ago and forgot to post it here "The Portable Rigs"...

iPod nano 3RD Generation & E11 / Colorfly C3 & E12 / X3
Lowepro Cases Santiago DV 25 / Rezo 50 & 30

What's the tiny line out cable in the middle? I looked for one that short a while ago but couldn't find one.

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #260 of 1,119
haha, remember I was saying on the other thread that I'd be jumping on the Beyerdynamic bandwagon later this year? Turns out I'm keeping my Shures and giving them some more time, it hasn't even been a year since I've got them lol. Ordered some 940 pads for it though for the comfort. I do love the Shure house sound.

If you can, can you please get the SRH1540s? They just look so darn good :rolleyes:

I'll have to see how reviews fair! I want something that sounds good mostly. Looks comes in second haha

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #263 of 1,119
  What's the tiny line out cable in the middle? I looked for one that short a while ago but couldn't find one.

Hey kraken2109!

It's a DIY IC that I made with a pair of Neutrik right angle connectors and a 4 wire braid, 2 for ground and the L+R.You don't need 4 wires, it just looks better than a 3 wire braid.
biggrin.gif

The connectors are Neutrik NTP3RC with the barrel removed and the rubber boot cut down. Since you don't use the barrel to hold it all together a little glue is required for the right angle bit, I use Gorilla glue for that purpose as it will come apart if required.

The wire on this one was just a little 22 gauge speaker wire I had around...
There are not many commercially available interconnect's this short, so a DIY option is the best if you can do a little soldering.
beerchug.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #264 of 1,119

Hey kraken2109!

It's a DIY IC that I made with a pair of Neutrik right angle connectors and a 4 wire braid, 2 for ground and the L+R.You don't need 4 wires, it just looks better than a 3 wire braid.
biggrin.gif

The connectors are Neutrik NTP3RC with the barrel removed and the rubber boot cut down. Since you don't use the barrel to hold it all together a little glue is required for the right angle bit, I use Gorilla glue for that purpose as it will come apart if required.

The wire on this one was just a little 22 gauge speaker wire I had around...
There are not many commercially available interconnect's this short, so a DIY option is the best if you can do a little soldering.
beerchug.gif

Thanks for getting back to me. Sadly I don't think i'd be able to make my own. It really is a shame that there doesn't seem to be a low cost alternative online. You can get 3.5mm to 3.5mm cables really cheap in loads of sizes but nobody seems to sell really short ones :frowning2:
The best I've got is the one that came with my Fiio E6 but if i wanted my E6 on the back of my J3 it would still be a bit long.

Yours looks awesome though - good job.

Jan 30, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #267 of 1,119
JoeDee, I like your setup :D

My 5.5G iMod > E17 > Bose IE2

eze5uqe9.jpg

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #268 of 1,119
Got some cheap E7 this week.

Time to make some new interconnect. 

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #269 of 1,119

Users who are viewing this thread

Back