Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Dec 27, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #1,306 of 3,551

Quote:
 Anyone who that would make sick,is too young to know what it was like to be in the era of the greatest audio times in the world.

If I didn't personally know you, your comment would have made me very sad.  Instead, it has just made me sad.
~_~

Dec 28, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #1,307 of 3,551
I think the blue Mac meters are among the coolest things in all of audio.

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #1,308 of 3,551
That might be so, but who would want to see those 4 blaring lights right at you when watching a movie?  From the photo, they look like they are the same brightness as the TV.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #1,310 of 3,551
[size=small]You don’t realize just how wimpy your 100-watt per channel amplifier is [/size]
[size=small]until you have 1,200 per channel at your disposal[/size]
[size=small]Dim the lights, put your favorite disc on and let em’ rip.[/size]
[size=small]And those meters.[/size]
[size=small]If you must,you can turn them off. [/size]
[size=small]But why?[/size]
[size=small]Their blue glow floods [/size][size=small]the listening room [/size]
[size=small]like a couple of [/size][size=small]gigantic lava lamps... [/size]

[size=small](one 600 sq.ft. dweller here too,nice pics Scott!)[/size]

Dec 28, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #1,311 of 3,551
672 square feet here. 350 of the square feet is audio based. Good wife or what? That includes backing out the kitchen, bathroom, and al of the closet space.

Sad is much better than very sad.

Dec 28, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #1,312 of 3,551
Dec 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #1,313 of 3,551

Quote:
I think the blue Mac meters are among the coolest things in all of audio.

There is so much truth in this. I could just bathe in the glow of Mac gear all day long.

That is such an impressive setup Scott. I envy your McIntosh collection.

Dec 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #1,317 of 3,551
Thanks for all your great comments about my McIntosh Set Up.  Lets not also forget that I have Cerwin Vegas, Stax and Headroom.  I am amazed and in awe of my system because I never thought I could actually build it to this level. I certainly could have stopped with just two MC501s.  There are a number of other people who have systems that tower over mine.  All you need to do is check out some of the other online audio clubs to see what they have created.  I won't mention any names here.  McIntosh sounds great at low and medium levels as well.  I really don't blast the system most times.  I usually keep they volume of one of the MX 135s at 15.  The neighbor volume limit is around 22.  I am lucky enough to have neighbors who allowed me to do a sound test within their apartments so that I can determine the limits of volume.  Since my apartment is directly across from my building's elevators, I can also tell when my neighbors are leaving,  Then I can pump up the volume to a higher level of say 25.  The maximum volume available on the MX 135 is 95, so you can see it's true capabilities.  The Cerwin's sound really great as well.  The bass is big, smooth and full.  It is not boomy or uncontrolled.  I tend to play classical, jazz, new age and chamber music on the big system and then listen to rock through my headphone system. Please feel free to contact me for an audition if you are in the city.  Thanks for you good thoughts.  Scottsmrnyc

Dec 30, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #1,318 of 3,551
I have upgrade my bedside rig to the point where I think it qualifies as a high-end headphone rig:

Dec 30, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #1,319 of 3,551
You kidding mate? That's rubbish
biggrin.gif
Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back