Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Dec 30, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #1,321 of 3,551
LOL! Good one :D

Dec 30, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #1,322 of 3,551
 It seems that our bedroom rigs are outsurpasing top notch living room rigs of 5 years ago.

As the Sleepy's slogan says "Have more fun in bed" 
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #1,324 of 3,551
Very nice Frank! Lots of Decware goodness there!

Dec 30, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #1,327 of 3,551

Quote:

BadassBob, your DIY amp looks fantastic! The speakers look really nice as well, what are those small cones around the centre-plug? Are they there because this is a full-range driver?

Those are whizzer cones...basically the "tweeter"of a full-range driver.  Mine are 8" Fostex FE207Es, the whizzer really helps with the higher frequency extension.  These dont go very high...Id say they run out of steam about 16KHz...but thats fine by me, as my hearing runs out pretty close to that anyway LOL.

Dec 31, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #1,329 of 3,551

Quote:
That's nice, Skylab!  But is there a DAC in that dock?  Because can't imagine an iPod lineout is doing that rig any favors. 

It's a Red Wine Audio iMod running through a ALO VCap dock. The sound is generally pretty good, easily as good as DACs I have heard in the $500-700 range.  Is it absolutely ideal? No.  But there is no room for a full digital source in that rig.  There are limits to my wife's understanding
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 31, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #1,330 of 3,551

Quote:

It's a Red Wine Audio iMod running through a ALO VCap dock. The sound is generally pretty good, easily as good as DACs I have heard in the $500-700 range.  Is it absolutely ideal? No.  But there is no room for a full digital source in that rig.  There are limits to my wife's understanding
tongue_smile.gif

Could you upgrade the Source and the wife.  Newer ones have lower jitter and stuff.

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #1,331 of 3,551
Dec 31, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #1,332 of 3,551

Quote:
Could you upgrade the Source and the wife.  Newer ones have lower jitter and stuff.

Good one.

Although there's no guarantee that a newer wife model would have less jitter. After 35, there's a good chance that you're going to get a used model, nothing "new in box".
There will be plenty of burn-in, and she's probably blown a fuse or 2 depending on her original pairing. Getting less jitter after 35 is usually going to be a one-off, and you gotta wonder why she hasn't gone through many years of loyal service, yet, unless she's a rebuild 
smile.gif
 who comes with a transferable lifetime warranty.

Botox, Magnavox, probably all from the Haman Kardon group.

Now, back on topic 
beerchug.gif

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #1,333 of 3,551

Quote:
Quote:

Good one.

Although there's no guarantee that a newer wife model would have less jitter. After 35, there's a good chance that you're going to get a used model, nothing "new in box".
There will be plenty of burn-in, and she's probably blown a fuse or 2 depending on her original pairing. Getting less jitter after 35 is usually going to be a one-off, and you gotta wonder why she hasn't gone through many years of loyal service, yet, unless she's a rebuild 
smile.gif
 who comes with a transferable lifetime warranty.

Botox, Magnavox, probably all from the Haman Kardon group.

Now, back on topic 
beerchug.gif

You could always go for certified pre-owned or refurbished complete with warranty.

Jan 1, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #1,334 of 3,551

Quote:
  672 square feet here. 350 of the square feet is audio based. Good wife or what? That includes backing out the kitchen, bathroom, and al of the closet space. 

Reality is my space = 550 sq. ft.

Been through two wives and four offspring.
Turn it down = exit stage right.

ELP lyrics:

"He had white Horses
And ladies by the score
All dressed in satin
And waiting by the door

Ooooh, what a lucky man he was

White lace and feathers
They made up his bed
A gold covered mattress
On which he was led

He went to fight wars
For his country and his king
Of his honor and his glory
The people would sing

A bullet had found him
His blood ran as he cried
No money could save him
So he laid down and he died

Ooooh, what a lucky man he was"

We like it tight immtbiker,you have a good woman.
May the bullet continue to pass us all by...

Happy New Year!

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #1,335 of 3,551
Here's a peek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back