Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jul 17, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #2,491 of 3,551
Quote:

maybe they can make one with a wenge base, eh? 
wink.gif

Wenge is the wood I'd have preferred to match my rack but they don't do a stand in that, I'm happy with walnut and mahogany.

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #2,492 of 3,551
Quote:
Parts and servicing for HE90 are still available from Sennheiser.

Hi n3rdling,
The reason why I said I wasn't sure whether there were any parts left for the HE90, is because I sent an email to Jan Meier asking if there were any plans to build anymore HE90's. He replied by saying there were no more parts for that headphone, but I obviously don't know about parts put to one side for those that own a pair.

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #2,494 of 3,551
DSC02573.jpg

DSC02576.jpg

Jul 17, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #2,498 of 3,551
Reel to reel tape decks look cool too and might cost a bit less to get a foot in the door (a decent unit). Or about the same, maybe I'm wrong. Tapes are $10-$20 on ebay (unless you want like classic rock, then in the hundreds. I saw Beatles white album for $549 the other day and some others ~$200) and a decent unit shouldn't set you back more than a few hundred bucks. Heck the one I have isn't perfect but I got it at a local shop for $75 (in a trade for some other misc. stereo equipment I had lying around too!).
Quote:
I think I want to get a turn table just because they look so cool, must more interesting than other components.

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #2,499 of 3,551
Quote:
I think I want to get a turn table just because they look so cool, must more interesting than other components.

Quote:
Reel to reel tape decks look cool too and might cost a bit less to get a foot in the door (a decent unit). Or about the same, maybe I'm wrong. Tapes are $10-$20 on ebay (unless you want like classic rock, then in the hundreds. I saw Beatles white album for $549 the other day and some others ~$200) and a decent unit shouldn't set you back more than a few hundred bucks. Heck the one I have isn't perfect but I got it at a local shop for $75 (in a trade for some other misc. stereo equipment I had lying around too!).

one big advantage of a turntable is that the software to play on it has much greater availability than analog tape!

cool Dead poster Rob. what year is that from?
what cartridge are you running? what equalizer is that and what's the piece next to the equalizer and what's next to the cassette deck?

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #2,501 of 3,551
April 23, 1972 to be exact :D

The EQ is a Sansui SE-8X.  It's the only non-Pioneer piece in the rig, because I like the spectrum analyzer display. The EQ is rarely in the signal path - I switch it in only when listening to really awful recordings.

Next to it is a Pioneer SD-1100 oscilloscope. Below that are a SR-303 reverb amp and a RG-2 dynamic range expander.  None of those are ever in the signal path - just for fun :wink:

The serious gear is the mighty 270 wpc SX-1980 receiver, an RT707 reel to reel, CT-F1000 cassette deck, and a PL-570 turntable with a Clearaudio Maestro Wood cartridge.

Not visible are Pioneer HPM-100 speakers and a Vincent Audio SR-7 CD Player/DAC.

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #2,502 of 3,551
Quote:
Their Golden Gate Park concert was '72.

that may be the show but they did play there a number of times. i'm not sure how many shows they did there but some of them are as follows. a show from 1967 would likely have had a more psychedelic looking poster. like this: 

1/14/67     4/10/67
6/1//68
5/7/69
6/30/72
9/28/75
11/3/91

dead heads might find this of interest, though the hardcore amongst you will either know some or all of these, or have your own list of historic concerts:
http://www.dead101.com/concerts.htm

Edit:
DOH!   i see that rob responded while i was busy prepping this post. hopefully it's of some interest to those who are interested in rock history/san francisco rock history/ grateful dead (history)
i should know better than to ever question anything Radio_head ever posts! 
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #2,504 of 3,551
Quote:

one big advantage of a turntable is that the software to play on it has much greater availability than analog tape!

cool Dead poster Rob. what year is that from?
what cartridge are you running? what equalizer is that and what's the piece next to the equalizer and what's next to the cassette deck?

You mean like music/media to play on it? I read software and got confused lol. But yeah I have to admit that, but there is still some good stuff on tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back