Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jul 19, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #2,521 of 3,551
Quote:
Or you could just record your TT onto a new tape with your reel to reel and forget the swanky tapes...and it will beat the sound of your TT when played back through the reel deck.

eek.gif
  no 
beerchug.gif
 no 
eek.gif
 no     wait a minute .......................................................................................................................your right..........................but where are the records?

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #2,524 of 3,551
Quote:
You've quite a bit of tt gear...so maybe at your house 
wink.gif
?

Believe it or not I gave 30% of my vinyl to a guy on head-fi who is maybe a lot ot closer to you. I don't have any friends...............that is why I'm here!

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #2,525 of 3,551
Yeah, though sometimes you have to buy a box of 500 to get the one you are looking for.  I believe United Home Audio as acquired a lot of the master copies and sells them, at least they mentioned something like that at a recent show (capital audio fest).  However, their stock and choice of albums is very limited.  Honestly, just find your favorite recording of a specific album and buy a blank reel.  Play it off your comp, tt, DAC or whatever you wish into your reel deck and record it onto the blank reel.  As I was discussing with Skylab earlier the reel will apply its respective equalization curve (be it NAB or IEC) and when you play the album back it will sound wonderfully analogue.  

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #2,527 of 3,551
Quote:
Yeah, though sometimes you have to buy a box of 500 to get the one you are looking for.  I believe United Home Audio as acquired a lot of the master copies and sells them, at least they mentioned something like that at a recent show (capital audio fest).  However, their stock and choice of albums is very limited.  Honestly, just find your favorite recording of a specific album and buy a blank reel.  Play it off your comp, tt, DAC or whatever you wish into your reel deck and record it onto the blank reel.  As I was discussing with Skylab earlier the reel will apply its respective equalization curve (be it NAB or IEC) and when you play the album back it will sound wonderfully analogue.  

eek.gif
DAC wt TH phuc????  No DAC can get us there my child?

you have to think up steam and nothing is going to magically turn your turd into gold,,,,,,I'm sorry to say.

Jul 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #2,528 of 3,551
Quote:
eek.gif
DAC wt TH phuc????  No DAC can get us there my child?

you have to think up steam and nothing is going to magically turn your turd into gold,,,,,,I'm sorry to say.

Ask sky how many illuminating Cd's he has recorded onto tape for keeping reference?

Jul 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #2,530 of 3,551
Quote:
Hahaha, well I'm only saying, if you don't have a TT or other appropriate source; recording from a DAC will still make the source material sound more analogue than it is.  Not the best option, but an option none the less.

Wow so getting an analogue fuzz burn will make the CDs sound better? I'll have to take note of this.
beerchug.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #2,532 of 3,551
Placebo and analogous Eq blend are strong. As a compression blend it is much more powerful than we ever talk about at Head-Fi.

The fact that compression on tape will always have a  different sound. Never going to one up a CD even in any-ones dreams. Placebo is strong though!

There is nothing wrong with an analogue epiphanie at the right terms. It is real as you are going to find.

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #2,534 of 3,551
Jul 19, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #2,535 of 3,551
For finding tapes, many factory pre-recorded tapes are available on eBay for $10-$20 (7 inch reel, 1/4"). That's where I get mine. Classic rock is quite expensive on pre-recorded tape though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back