Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Mar 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #1,591 of 3,551
its the legendary musical fidelity a1 integrated amp (mk3)and cd pro. both are very rare and also now discontinued from musical fidelity all together; your best bet might be to hunt around in the used market 

Mar 6, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #1,592 of 3,551

Quote:
its the legendary musical fidelity a1 integrated amp (mk3)and cd pro. both are very rare and also now discontinued from musical fidelity all together; your best bet might be to hunt around in the used market 

redbeansand.......Thank you.  I'm not really shopping for gear, but was curious about those two pieces.  Very attractive gear.

Mar 6, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #1,593 of 3,551

Quote:
redbeansand.......I have always found top loading CD players to be attractive.

Indeed!  Simplicity at its best.  If I ever get another standalone CD-only player, it's going to be a Rega Planet 2000.

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #1,594 of 3,551

Quote:

cn11.......I have had the PMC EB1i's for almost three years now, and absolutely love them.  They are able to reproduce music in a transparent and neutral fashion, while playing softly or as loud as you would care to play them.  They handle dynamics that are strikingly real at all volumes.  The sound stage is well produced, stable, and thoroughly involving, and the transmission line loaded cabinet produces strong, solid, low distortion bass output well below 30Hz.  Every day I look forward to listening to the PMC's, and that is the best measure of all.  I turn my system on about 10:00 AM, and shut it off about midnight.  Zero listener fatigue.  The speakers are amazing.  I don't see myself replacing them with anything.  I have auditioned many fine speakers, some costing over three times the EB1i's price, and have not been moved to consider moving to a different speaker.  I am very pleased with the PMC EB1i speakers.  I can highly recommend them to anyone considering a top quality speaker purchase.  I also think they are a very attractive speaker.  Mine are finished in a beautiful cherry veneer on all sides.

Ohhh no, I was afraid your reply would be something like that!  
wink.gif
   Wallet is very afraid........

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #1,595 of 3,551
 the Flauto 45 headphone amp is rebuild ,it uses  Emission Labs 45 solid plate and the EML 80 mesh rectifier and Siemens c3m input tubes.Old style transformators and vintage parts inside.Sennheiser HD-800 sounds stunning with this amp.

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #1,597 of 3,551
cn11.......A pair of PMC EB1i's may well be your last speakers.  In that light, their cost is reasonable if you think of all the years will will be enjoying them.  They truly are fantastic speakers.

Mar 10, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #1,603 of 3,551

Quote:
Where do you hide the compressor?

Compressor? It's not an air-bearing tonearm. This is the original Clearaudio Reference TT w/ the Souther TQ-1 Linear tracking arm. It's from the late 90's (the one that surpassed HP's Goldmund at that time). I'm sure there are far better tables out there today but this one still works for me. No reason to change. After 30yrs of the high-end merry go round, me and my wallet are done.

The arm is simply a titanium rod attached to a sled. The sled has three (stainless steel) wheels that glide on quartz glass rails. No air. Setup is exacting. Sound is pretty good. The old Insider cartridge is gone, Replaced with something respectable (but not a world beater). I'm just happy to still have this setup. Dated but, it'll do. :)

Rob

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #1,605 of 3,551
It's mighty purty. Walker has a $50K TT with a linear tonearm, and the whole TT runs on 2 compressors. Mr. Walker hides his compressors in the basement (noisy suckers) and has 100' runs of pneumatic tubing.

By the looks of the media, the ink cartridge is a "black" one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back