Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Feb 11, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #1,561 of 3,551

Quote:
Great cleaner but it's one ugly sucker. It's this big black ugly thig-a-ma-jig that has absolutely no SAF. Let alone, music lover AF. Sort of, like some members here 
evil_smiley.gif

LOL. It's not pretty and it's loud. It's cheap though allowing you to put the extra money into the system. Best for single guys. 

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #1,563 of 3,551

Quote:

And my Avid Sequel SP got updated with the SME V finally...

Wow, that tonearm looks like something like a mini high-end German equatorial (telescope) mount...

Rather similar structures, they are (tonearms and equatorial mounts).

Feb 14, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #1,564 of 3,551

Wow, that tonearm looks like something like a mini high-end German equatorial (telescope) mount...

Rather similar structures, they are (tonearms and equatorial mounts).

It is a work of art indeed. Another forumer commented it looked like a crane lifter! Probably the angle that the shot was taken.

Avid turntables are absolutely perfect with SME tonearms. The level of bass depth is absolutely stunning.

Feb 14, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #1,565 of 3,551
Speaking of crane lifters, it looks great on SME's own "oil rig" turntables.
 I had the SME 20a/V as my "last turntable" before ditching vinyl altogether - just when others started getting back to it
confused_face%281%29.gif

The engineering standard of these two units was unsurpassed. And perfect for those who like their high end systems to be compact and fuss free. 

The picture below is of a slightly later model from the web - no choice as I don't own it any more.

Feb 14, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #1,567 of 3,551
The 30 is one of the best sounding turntables in existence, so I'd imagine you enjoyed this.  

Quote:
Speaking of crane lifters, it looks great on SME's own "oil rig" turntables.
 I had the SME 20a/V as my "last turntable" before ditching vinyl altogether - just when others started getting back to it
confused_face%281%29.gif

The engineering standard of these two units was unsurpassed. And perfect for those who like their high end systems to be compact and fuss free. 

The picture below is of a slightly later model from the web - no choice as I don't own it any more.

Feb 15, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #1,571 of 3,551
One might come to the conclusion that high-end = vinyl from the last 3 pages. 

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #1,574 of 3,551
I think it's fair to say that it's easier for vinyl rigs to LOOK more high end than digital. Some designers have run riot with their imagination. 

Cue lots picturesd of wild, wacky digital setups.... (I've always felt the 4 box Zanden CD setup looks rather cute, and the top Metronome suitably high end OTT)

In practice, vinyl probably still sounds better too - but my Nagra CDP is close enough for the convenience factor to win over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back