Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
Oct 24, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #632 of 1,052

Woah!!  The V12!  Incredible amp!

Funny you mention the V12 :)  I was using that first and sold it in a weak moment!  The one in the picture you see is the V20...more appropriately suited to that system.

I miss my V12....I'll pick one up one day.  Right now, I have no where to hook it up....it will just sit around which is simply a crime!

My V12:

Dec 29, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #636 of 1,052
  Finally got a set up worthy of this thread...

Magnepan 3.7i, MiniDSP DDRC22-D, Parasound Halo A21, Peachtree Grand Pre X1, Project Debut Carbon, SVS Ultra SB 13

What software are you running?

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #638 of 1,052
I am a bit "frugal" and was wondering if there is a way I can use my Android (Galaxy S6) as a remote, as it is also connected to my system.

Thanks

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #640 of 1,052
Thanks All for the great pictures! Some really nice equipment out there. Makes my little GMB/BHA-1 rig look pale in comparison. 

Enjoy your music!
RCB

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #643 of 1,052
Nice thread guys.

My speaker and HP combo system.

Layout minus the speaker plinths.

Zingali Client Name 1.2

Rednet 3 AOIP and Mac Mini with 12V DC LPS

DIY KGSShv Carbon and Stax 009s

Audio Note DAC 5 and Passive Pre-amplifier sat on top.

SA-103 Class A Power Amplifier

Custom Marble speaker plinths

Inside the KGSShv Carbon

Inside the DAC 5

P10 Power Regenerator

It is a slightly crazy near field system as you can see. I was worried before the speakers landed if it would work. But luckily the throw on the horn speakers is so wide it is fine. A concrete floor helps to avoid bass issues, it goes deep and is fast. Use is 70% speakers, 30% Stax phones approx.

A hotch potch journey to get to this stage. I built some DAC kits, bought and sold new or used gear, and had 3 DIY Stat amps build (all excellent). I have an AMR DAC and the 007As for a second system. I think the thing I have learn along the way is EVERYTHING affects the sound you can get, DAC (not as obvious), Amp (obvious), Speakers (obvious), Cables (hard to believe), quality of mains supply (hard to believe) quality of power supply to music server (not obvious), getting rid of USB (not obvious). Then caps changing and tube rolling the DAC. Right now it sounds just right for me, so very happy.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #644 of 1,052

​Here's what I enjoy with what leisure time I've got. I mostly listen to jazz, like Bill Evans and Scott Hamilton downloads to iTunes. From the laptop I use either a hard connection to pre/pro via Creative Sound Blaster X-FI HD, or Wi-Fi via Airport Express. Most of the components in my system are 16 to about 37 years old. I've posted my system before but the pics were pretty small. The only upgrade I'd like to have is a multi-channel SACD player. I have a SACD player but it was made before there was a multi channel SACD concept.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #645 of 1,052

​Here's what I enjoy with what leisure time I've got. I mostly listen to jazz, like Bill Evans and Scott Hamilton downloads to iTunes. From the laptop I use either a hard connection to pre/pro via Creative Sound Blaster X-FI HD, or Wi-Fi via Airport Express. Most of the components in my system are 16 to about 37 years old. I've posted my system before but the pics were pretty small. The only upgrade I'd like to have is a multi-channel SACD player. I have a SACD player but it was made before there was a multi channel SACD concept.

I see DAT.  That's interesting.  I was looking at DAT player/recorders this week, thinking about buying one just for the hell of it. err, hopefully more like the fun of it.  

I was trying to find one that was more than 16bit 48khz, though.  I saw where Pioneer made one that went to 16 bit 96khz, and there was an HHS model (not sure what that stands for) that did 24bit 96khz.  

But those seem to be non-existent in the current second hand (probably more like third, fourth and fifth hand) market.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back