Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
May 22, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #616 of 1,052

Before....

Current........

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #617 of 1,052
Hmm...

Just realised how tough this is with how I have my setup - but, I'll give it a go...

Connected to my PC, running HQPlayer...

Aug 14, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #621 of 1,052
Not mine, as I don't have a proper home audiophile system, but this system's my bud's rig and it absolutely blew me away when I went over to his place to give it a listen. 

First up, his Accuphase pre + power amps

Lumin D1 music server...

A power distributor (can't recall the brand) and Esoteric CD player

YG Acoustics Anat II Reference speakers.....ignore that little Dolby Atmos speaker on top. Made of aircraft grade aluminum/aluminium, looks freaking awesome in 'person'.

Nordost cables.....note the power cord plugged into the bottom unit, yes, it's actually an active sub woofer on its own. Real visceral and punchy bass.....

His overall setup, absolutely breath-taking to listen to.......now I understand why he can't get into headphones. As you can see, he's quite an audio/music buff, he's been that way ever since we'd first met some 30 odd years back.

This was my perspective when I listened to his system, love that music selection can be done on his iPad to his music server which can handle all sorts of audio formats right up to DSD64. I was never a fan of Cat Stevens, but when he played 'Father & Son' on this system, I became an instant fan.....

Aug 14, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #622 of 1,052
Let's hope he's got a front projection system to go with that setup. That tiny TV looks funny there.

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #623 of 1,052

this thread needs more pictures!
popcorn.gif

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #624 of 1,052
Finally got a set up worthy of this thread...

Magnepan 3.7i, MiniDSP DDRC22-D, Parasound Halo A21, Peachtree Grand Pre X1, Project Debut Carbon, SVS Ultra SB 13

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #627 of 1,052
I havent posted here in a while.  There have been a few upgrades:

Clearaudio Concept running AudioTechnica ATOC9 III MC
Modwright Oppo 105D with Bybee Rail and Audiomagic PULSE GEN ZX upgrades running Philips 5R4GYS Rectifier and Sophia 6sn7 tubes
Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp
Cambridge Audio Azur 651p phono stage
Mark Levinson 334 Power Amp
Audeze EL8/LCD3F w Norne Draug 2, Sennheiser HD800 w Norne Draug 2, Oppo PM3, Oppo HA1 / HA2
Martin Logan 60XT speakers
JL Audio Fathom F113 subwoofer
Transparent Audio Music Link Plus Speaker Cables
Transparent Audio Music Link Plus Interconnects
Audioquest Columbia XLR Balanced DBS72V  
Audioquest Coffee DBS72V USB 
Atacama Rack
Custom amp stands
Transparent Audio Power Cable, Black Rhodium Libra Power Cables

Oct 23, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #628 of 1,052
Today I dusted off a half-broken, taped-up Nikon D40, and learned that even its cheapo kit-lens still kicks the crap outta iPhone 6 pics -- this should've been obvious, I guess.

I think I've posted in this thread a few times before, but here's what the stuff looks like today. Most of the big components have each been in place for 2-5 years now. Koetsu Coralstone is new. Upgraded cabling is mostly new. BHSE is recent (currently lacking an overview pic of headphone setup; sorry). Mazda silver-plate 12ax7 tubes in phono stage and amps were a surprise big upgrade (over even the excellent Telefunkens). All these changes added up in a significant way. Easily the best sound I've ever had on both the speaker and headphone sides. To the anti-cables crowd: I understand your concerns, and I don't care.

It's a good thing I don't have any other expensive hobbies -- e.g. I stopped buying expensive red wine (beer and vodka is fine), and still use this crappy D40! 

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #629 of 1,052
  Today I dusted off a half-broken, taped-up Nikon D40, and learned that even its cheapo kit-lens still kicks the crap outta iPhone 6 pics -- this should've been obvious, I guess.

I think I've posted in this thread a few times before, but here's what the stuff looks like today. Most of the big components have each been in place for 2-5 years now. Koetsu Coralstone is new. Upgraded cabling is mostly new. BHSE is recent (currently lacking an overview pic of headphone setup; sorry). Mazda silver-plate 12ax7 tubes in phono stage and amps were a surprise big upgrade (over even the excellent Telefunkens). All these changes added up in a significant way. Easily the best sound I've ever had on both the speaker and headphone sides. To the anti-cables crowd: I understand your concerns, and I don't care.

It's a good thing I don't have any other expensive hobbies -- e.g. I stopped buying expensive red wine (beer and vodka is fine), and still use this crappy D40! 

eek.gif
can't even imagine how that must sound, very very nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back