Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Nov 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #8,656 of 10,933
I'll definitely give it a shot :)

I actually rescued this system from a family member who had the speakers in poor condition, if you look at the bottom left you'll notice one of the polk's is missing a leg and a PBR bottle cap is holding it up instead. I'm actually thinking about rearranging this desk, the real problem is I use my PC for gaming a lot so putting the monitor on top of the receiver isn't an option for me, any suggestions?

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #8,658 of 10,933

Took the words right out of my mouth. Though I'm sketchy on the SSD defrag, never done it before, and I hear it's bad for it. Though I'd recommend building a really simple PC, and make mistakes on the cheap. Then spend actual energy into a build you'd want to last. I did exactly that, and lived with the computer for 3 years, and finally took out as my main rig a couple of months ago. I can't tell you how much frustration I've had, and how much I learned from all of that.

You probably can't. It looks like it's all filled up, and not built for that. But it does look like a sweet little HTPC,  or if you want something dead silent and don't want to spend brain power on a custom build.

Yes, I've also heard SSD defraging is bad(I had planned to say that, but guess I forgot).  I'm not sure what specifically is bad about it, though I'd speculate it's might be the amount of writes you can make to it before things start to deteriorate.

I'd agree also on making mistakes on the cheap though some things you could still spend decent money on, like the case, monitor(if that's important), other peripherals, and probably a PSU though for a non heavy use build it's not quite as important except for warranty and parts that last.

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #8,661 of 10,933
Originally Posted by Namkung 

Also posted on the other thread but here it is again!
Picked up new speakers and had to move everything around to accommodate them.

Congrats you have some really good stuff there, but for me it will be something really dangerous having that so close to my bed, beacuse I have some wild nights and trow anything that is at least 1m around my bed. 
basshead.gif

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #8,663 of 10,933
  Originally Posted by Namkung 

Also posted on the other thread but here it is again!
Picked up new speakers and had to move everything around to accommodate them.

Congrats you have some really good stuff there, but for me it will be something really dangerous having that so close to my bed, beacuse I have some wild nights and trow anything that is at least 1m around my bed. 
basshead.gif

Haha. I don't actually sleep there in the night but if I did, I'd be worried too :p

Nov 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #8,670 of 10,933
We're moving at last just after crimbo so this will probably be the last time you see my setup looking like this.
Excuse the mess, But what you see is a used Desk, Not a pretty one lol.

I got the iPad 4 Retina so just getting it all set up :)

Once we're in our new place Ill have a far bigger desk, So the Cambridge Audio gear will be going elsewhere for official Hi-fi duties...
I have a set of Fostex PM04n's coming in Purple along with some Foam stands. 
I also plan on getting a 24 or 27" ACD for the living room as I'm thinking about getting a new Macbook for the living room so I can have a portable Mac that doubles up as a desktop.
The iMac will then go in our bedroom.
I still have the eMac which will be in our kitchen and finally I now have a Mac Mini 2007 C2D for my sons room.
He's also having my old iBook sand the old Powermac will be sat under my desk for keeps sake lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back