Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here!
Jun 20, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #7,129 of 10,933
I recently changed to the Define R3 and also put in 2 Noctua 12B ULNs in front and they are dead silent compared to the stock back fan and my CPU fan with the step adaptor setting them around 550RPM,, I will replace the back one with with another Noctua as I am very happy with them and will need to think about a quieter CPU fan - currently Scythe Schuriken is installed.

Jun 21, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #7,131 of 10,933
Hi,

here is an pictures of my computer workplace.

I'm using for 5.1 sound the via hd onboard sound connected to the Roccat Kave 5.1 headset. A Creative Labs DTT 2200 5.1 speaker set (made by Cambride SoundWorks) is connected to an Asus Xonar D2X. For stereo playback there is an Bravo Audio V1 headphone amp connected to the Asus and 2 Pioneer  S-HM50 speakers are connected to a T-Amp from indeed hifi-lab, Model TA2012S. The Headphone I use here is an AKG K-400.

Manfred

Jun 22, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #7,135 of 10,933
Quote:

Don't tell me you're listening to Dubstep with the Q701... if there's one genre that doesn't work with the Q701, it's Dubstep. 
confused_face.gif

I kept my SRH440 just for that. 

Jun 24, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #7,139 of 10,933
Good point! it's the balanced headphone I'm wearing, lol, and the adapter to make it single-ended to my HPA-1 amplifier.

Important point in my audio chain, lol, it's the final link.

You're quite observant! :wink:

I asked Moon-Audio to replace this (previous owner's effort):

with a Neutrik HD, four pins XLR.

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #7,140 of 10,933
Quote:

Nice.  I just got a Fractal Define XL myself.  So much easier to work on than the plain jane Antec I'd been using for nearly a decade. (Holy crap it feels like I'm getting old...)

All the spots for the 120 and 140mm fans are nice.  So much quieter.  My Antec only had room for 80mm fans.  They were pretty loud.  The thermal controls on them made my PC rev like an engine too.  Cool for a week, annoying afterwords.  I'm think about getting some Noctua fans to replace the generic ones the case came with.  They're expensive but the Noctuas on my heatsink are still dead quiet and smooth as silk after 3 years of 24/7 use.

I also love how the Define XL looks.  I got the black.

Pretty much everything with room for large fans and is easy to work on that's not a Lian Li, and thus silly expensive, seems to look like a prop from a bad sci-fi movie.  The Define XL look like a prop from a good sci-fi movie.

I was very tempted by the Fractal Design when it finally came time to upgrade my case. I wanted a case window and an all aluminum case so I went with a Lian Li LanCool. I like it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back